"A+" BMS Balance wiring pics "onlyish". (Seperate thread for only balance wiring criticism/bad examples/questions)

I’d post the current battery build but it has duct tape holding the balance wires down till the kapton show up. Janky looking lol

4 Likes

Flexxxxxx

16 Likes

You know I gotta whip these out

26 Likes

I thought this was pretty nice

13 Likes

16 Likes

3 Likes

5 Likes
8 Likes

Thanks for this thread! :heart_eyes: When I’m feeling stressed out I’m gonna come here to feel the ZEN.

4 Likes

Can we have some more MTB block style packs in here with neat wiring? Need inspiration for future builds :smiley:

4 Likes

10 Likes

I like plaid ok…

6 Likes

9 Likes

9 Likes

6 Likes

You guys are f*cking artists. Curious, who’s using crimp-terminals, and what type of crimper tools? Crimpin’ ain’t easy, and pull-out testing is important. I bought a couple of sets of AMP crimp tools off eBay, and the cable ALWAYS breaks before the terminal pulls out. Is anyone else out there as obsessed with crimp tools as I am?

4 Likes

4 Likes

Huh?

Edit - I use the Engineer PA-09

2 Likes

A properly crimped terminal will be gas-tight. Aerospace grade crimp tools will cold-weld the strands and terminal into a solid piece. The two ways to test for this is to cut a cross-section and inspect with microscope / magnifying glass, and to pull the terminal and wire apart to see which breaks. If done correctly, the wire will always break before the terminal comes apart. At least that’s what I’ve read (a lot):slightly_smiling_face:

Edit: this is the way to minimize resistance between connections, whereas solder adds resistance.

Edit Edit: I should say, this is definitely a rabbit hole subject. Proceed with caution lol. The tools I’m referring to are insanely expensive when new and calibrated. Once they’ve been used for x amount of time they are no longer considered serviceable tools so you can find them for cheap on eBay. They still work incredibly well usually

3 Likes

I like to see wires get proper strain retention and glue, crimps and solder alone can only take so much on smaller wires.
Dang this is not a battery, well lets pretend.

2 Likes