The battery builders club

I am currently lmao having trouble with my cheap-ass spim08hp welder packs, something is off with one? or all? of them I am not sure. I am trying some fresh packs and maybe I will lengthen the wires so that 3S3P does not give overcurrent like before.

1 Like

https://www.facebook.com/250757562088956/posts/503041673527209/
Now we can be sure molicel cells cant be faked

4 Likes

1 and a half year old video for something that would just add cost to the cells?

I fiqured we would be seeing these by now…still waiting. Also good to know about XTAR using molicel as a legit rewrap

1 Like

Sweet. I’ve enjoyed their flashlights.

12s8p of Samsung 50G cells. 1,776Wh.

Woot.

20 Likes

Thats cool

1 Like

Very nice 80amp range battery. Love the baby braid.

1 Like

Hotts battery is done?

1 Like

Yeah, hoping to finish the board this week.

2 Likes

He consistently messages me something along the lines of “Mario finished ____, how much longer u think till the board is done” because he’d rather bother me lol

4 Likes

Is this normal? New cells P42A 12s8p. All cells were 3.53V and 3.52V. This is the furst charge.
Now number 5

1 Like

this isnt normal. If group 2 is charging faster than the rest of them, it means the capacity of that group is lower. Perhaps a dead cell?

3 Likes

Or loose nickel

3 Likes

Well, I know what I will be doing for the rest of the day :smirk:

1 Like

I’d bet on loose nickel, this is a nese pack right?

1 Like

yes, when i wiggle the pack the voltages jump around so I think you may be right. I’m sure I double-checked all of :thinking:the connection

1 Like

It should be within a 0.02V difference between p-groups as well as the cells that make up the p-group correct?

I believe that’s a reasonable variance for a decently used pack. From my experience(not much) new p42a’s should stay much closer than that, especially with a good bms.

1 Like

setting the balance turn on voltage to 3.7V (default was 4.0V) is that a bad thing?