Buddies. Friends.

3 Likes

Ok Brian wannabe. :rofl:

2 Likes

Less talk, more motors.

6 Likes

Ok ok! (I feel attacked.) :joy:

20 Likes

@glyphiks im in a paradox. I’m in uncharted drive chain territory. I think I’ll break it bc I haven’t tested it, but I haven’t tested it so I don’t know if it will fail.

Paradox or being a pussy. Same same.

I am certain I am going to rip those cam followers out of their mount. But I also don’t like the the adjustable motor to truck axel schema.

I want fixed turning bits with adjustable diameter cam rollers.

It’s not the thin plates. I know those are bunk. Thiccc ones enroute.

If I were counseling myself, I’d say, “don’t be a pussy. Wreck 200$ in motor mounts and shut up. If you dont and this works, you can pee on the engineers that warned you.”

I like the idea of fixed motors and fixed pulley idlers. The only thing that should change is idler Diameter or radius.

I trust the glass filled nylon 3d printed as much as POM. I can tolerate 10-20 iterations of idler diameter adjustments.

I’m concerned I’ll snap belts and use up old (hard to find) esc’s trying to find the right diameter.

8 Likes

TLDR: I have lé concerns.

9 Likes

I’m so close to giving in and reclaiming my fast
Board and doing ‘just 4motor” drive as a daily.

Not a flex but it sucks have fast bits tied up in pipe dreams.

I just want to be basic fast.

10 Likes

It’s like I dont even know who you are anymore

8 Likes

Please don’t give up now!! This has been an epic journey. At least bung it all together and show it working and be the first madman to do a functioning dual quad drive please!

4 Likes

Money after bad is okay. You can grind it out. Just lean in and… smush all those bad decisions.

I can pull this stupid project off, I swear Ill get my first tattoo of what this is.

A stator on a butt cheek. Suck it uncle sam. I’ll get an EGA later, lol Navy, get fucked. 20 yr vet,

9 Likes

Presumably you have other motor mounts you would use for a normal 4wd setup. If these custom ones don’t work they are essentially worthless to you. You might as well test them, get some fun out of them, and learn something.

E: I guess this chain of reasoning depends on what you expect to break though. If it’s something you would plan to use in the future for other stuff or on the next version of the mounts then maybe this logic doesn’t make sense.

2 Likes

Not a drama Queen. I will spin them as I should. :+1:

5 Likes

My understanding of belt drives and idlers is that you want the idler as small as practically possible to minimize the contact it has with the belt.

If i were you, i’d be favouring fixing the motor positions and using only the idler as the belt adjustment, seems the easiest :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

It’s actually the contrary, you need an idler big enough to not bend the belt too much in the other way, or it will fail quite often, and by often I mean really often, depend how small it is it can last less than 100 km

I think Gates recommends at least the equivalent diameter of a 20T pulley, but you can double check on their design manual

And I had personal experience on one of my first boards, combination of a small 13T motor pulley and a 12 mm idler and every single belt was lasting less than 100 km, and this was a low power board, not even close to @Arzamenable madness

15 Likes

Thankyou for the lesson :pray:

I’d still keep all my adjustment in the idlers cos it seems like the easiest way :rofl:

5 Likes

I just saw this toy on my FB marketplace and thought it was a skateboard. Got me thinking that an aircraft carrier would be a dope grip for one of your boards

14 Likes

I spent a few month jogging on the same type of anti skid. I fell once and it ate my knee cap.

4 Likes

Brilliant. Jesus, why hasn’t someone done this?

1 Like

We’re on it.

1 Like

@b264 you sob

2 Likes