6389 x 8 | quad unity/stormity | 12s/18s tattu | RedEmber 44

Would you be pissed off or flattered if say, Exway releases a new octo drive board just like yours?

5 Likes

Instead of 8 motors, would it not makes sense to use 4 stronger motors ?

The German company FEAAM

develops motors for all kind of LEV and have a lot of designs which can be used with minor engineering costs

Wondering why not one of the board manufacturers was looking into that.

For production of a motor we have companies in Germany as well in Eastern Europe.

1 Like

Practicality was not the point for this project. He just wanted to see IF HE COULD put 8 motors on a board.

6 Likes

Now I’m wondering about direct drives. 12 wheel drive up the steepest hill would be fun to watch

2 Likes

You can slap 100 on and call it the centi-board.

3 Likes

is it supposed to look like a centipede? like, are we talking 100 tiny drone motors?
thats what I call ESC hell. testing the limits of canbus :rofl:

2 Likes

*finding the limits

4 Likes

Canbus can technically support 512 devices (iirc). Though bandwith may be an issue

2 Likes

That seems kinda high to me, I thought it was more like 100? In any case I’d imagine that with a reasonably high polling rate far fewer devices would saturate the network rather quickly

Have you ever been hammered and said, “fuck it, I swear to god, I’ll walk home if the taxi takes any longer” And then a buddy said, “common Mike, it’s like 15mi, and you’re in flip flops”, and then you think, “this isn’t necessary…”

Then that one guy says “you won’t pussy”

20 Likes

I would politely ask them to come fight traffic with me on a Friday.

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl: oh man this exact feeling has gotten me into so much mischief. Funny you mention flip flops. I bet about 5 different people that thought i wouldn’t get flip flops tattooed. I won so many beers :rofl:

6 Likes
6 Likes

Hey @Arzamenable did you need another CF deck to cut up…LAESK8 Ralph is selling a forged CF deck, it’s for a 12s4p 21700 pack

4 Likes

I should probably go easy on cutting boards for a bit

9 Likes

With @Arzamenable new x8 we should be able to do this also Uphill !

3 Likes

@Cyanoacrylate i don’t like the flex I see in these thin plates. Your concerns were right.

Not worth posting pic, I should just do better.

9 Likes

We dont hold it against you, doctor. We are just happy to be along for the ride!

6 Likes

I ended up with 2 more 6389’s and a community sourced unity.

Not scientific, but I feel more and more that I can smell a used up ESC.

You know that feeling. It’s more than a smell or odd behavior.

…moreover, I have 4 old timer esc’s I’m hoping for peterbuilt performance on an utterly unproven drive train config.

Mods, plz change my status to “It’s complicated.”

8 Likes

Alright buddy’s, this is crunch time.

The best kind of time.

23 Likes