63100 motors: what options are out there?

Where are you at?

1 Like

london, uk. it’s a shitshow with brexit don’t bother

Ahhh yeah.

1 Like

forum quick tips: update ur location in ur profile will help a lot in the long run while u r here :wink:

4 Likes

Ahhh, done. :metal:t5:

2 Likes

Those were the most powerful/reliable we’ve ever tested. Especially in terms of temperatur. They are perfect for pneumatic wheels as they are. If you want to use them with thane it would be better to battle harden them.

3 Likes

Whoa… 63100 on bergs? How often do you change those tyres? I shred these on 6374’s

3 Likes

Welp, ordered

How good these actually are will be discussed soon in my build thread. Thanks everyone!

4 Likes

Didn’t count the miles on the tires.

1 Like

What are these? APS?

1 Like

Saite/aps

Gotcha. I really want the highest quality available. I have no experience with aps though.

1 Like

You want @mackann’s new motors, just nag him to release them lol

1 Like

I saw that a few days ago. I love the open design with mesh. Idk why it hasn’t been done yet!

1 Like

This could end up being the right answer LoL

But they’re not available yet :cry:

1 Like

If these end up being offered in the right KV I’ll definitely pick a set up. But 210 is too high and 13x is too low for me. I’d like 170

2 Likes

Same. Wish there was an in-between version, but I see how extra SKUs kinda sucks for him.

1 Like

Theoretically 130kv you can adjust with lower gearing if you want higher speed. Problem is the added winding resistance will make it hotter than a 210kv

1 Like

I think lower KV might not be bad if you are mostly going near max speed and not accelerating or climbing hills all the time. Yeah, winding resistance will be more so you will have more copper losses for the same current. However lower KV has higher torque output for the same current. Overall (including the gearing) it will be less efficient to run low KV for high torque output, but maybe not as inefficient as it might seem for the first glance.

But when going at full speed (so max or nearly max motor RPM), the iron losses will be less compared to the iron losses on the higher KV motor, therefore when going fast all the time on a flat, it might be more efficient to run lower KV. Whether it’s actually more efficient depends on the torque required to keep the high speed and the motor RPM.

To be clear, the losses depend on a lot of variables including the specific motor’s specs, the gear ratio, the max speed of the board, the riding style and more. There’s no way to know which one is more efficient overall for a specific rider and board without real world riding logs, some extra information about the specific motor’s properties, and advanced physics. I am not an electrical engineer yet, so I am sorry if there are some inaccuracies or I overlooked something in what I wrote above. I am just trying to say that the KV versus efficiency topic is a way deeper topic than it seems at first glance, and probably 190KV is not the best option for everyone.

4 Likes

Titan proprietary motors. You can’t buy them elsewhere with those specs.

3 Likes