63100 motors: what options are out there?

Those are just 6374 stators

5 Likes

Lol you didn’t have to delete it
Last i heard flipshit was still sending angry emails wondering who’s hosting the site (no really, who is it? Let me pay you another month of server rent and a beer)

4 Likes

That’s why i said “kinda” :joy:

5 Likes

:eyes:

4 Likes

Can we just cringe a bit at “magnet glue and circlip” innovation?

40 usd more expensive than freerchobby (who says battle hardened, plain and simple), coming from the same factory, but they brag about not doing what it’s already tried and tested for years in esk8

Freerchobby pic:

I would kind of not feel bad going for these and wasting £140 if they’re shit tbh. But i’m not really sure what is good out there anymore

2 Likes

I’m in the same boat. Been contemplating

2 Likes

Shipping is 20 usd, just checked.
£160 (158.something) for 2 motors. Hm…

2 Likes

It’s really tempting. I just don’t want anymore motor failures. I want quality this time

2 Likes

i snagged 4.
waiting on drives.
will be dropping them 1/4 with 9inch so they will get a proper spanking

7 Likes

Nice man, are you doing a 4wd build with those?

1 Like

They do got some nice features, but just don’t.

Why

I find him to be a pain and his fanboys love to cause trouble. I won’t support his business due to the antics.

5 Likes

So far I’ve got nothing but good things to say about him. Seems like a standup guy. Fanboys will be fanboys though, that’s for sure.

Nah… I had a few to drink :stuck_out_tongue: I only need two

2 Likes

The 80xxx motors do have a support bearing in the front and it’s a pain if you ride in the winter and salty water gets inside.
One long ride and you need to open up everything and change bearings.
I heard the maytech 6880 and 6396 seem to have similar issues.
So not sure if that support bearing really comes with big advantages.

3 Likes

How do they feel in hand? Do all spin freely? Have you ran detection and full unloaded speed on any?

Errrr… are you guys talking about the same Matt Hoover?

3 Likes

I have geardrives with that kind of support bearing and i can confirm that they seal sweet fuckall. Cost £12 every rain to replace

3 Likes

I run APS 63100, I battle hardened them. They have 3 bearings in them. I do heavy off roading and no problems so far! I haven’t done a huge amount of km, but so far I’m happy :call_me_hand:
I changed the bearings though btw.

2 Likes