50mph razor scooter build using esk8 parts

So far I have the following:

• This Pocketmod Razor Scooter I got for free from work

It has a very solid welded frame. I forgot to take pics but I will edit them in when I get home from work.

Edit: Here is the frame

• This massive 170KV motor I got for very very cheap

• 120 of these LG cells to make a 12s10p

I chose these instead of more WH because I want to be able to throw a fuckton of current. I can always add more capacity later if I need to.

• A 13T sprocket.

• A xenith to run this big motor in super single mode

Whats Left to get

• An L-Shaped motor mount. I will make this myself.
19 Likes

This is stoked

8 Likes

Holy shit

3 Likes

Can we get a pic of an adult human sitting on one of these?

10 Likes

We need this. I have a 6 year old girl on my street that cruises a pink one of these, most often in an Elsa dress.

6 Likes

this is me on it. I’m 5’10" for scale

22 Likes

She must have an even smaller version then. Yours looks much bigger.

5 Likes

There’s an old dude that is a retired physician that has one in my new neighborhood. He cruises around and is probably the only one that doesn’t want the cops to come get me.

12 Likes

Thats what she said

9 Likes

It felt right just typing it. There was no eject option.

2 Likes

And, to be clear, you want to go 50mph on this? Dibs on all your stuff :joy:

9 Likes

don’t try to seperate them, trust me.

4 Likes

omg

3 Likes

How are the brakes on this thing :joy:

1 Like

NO

well maybe in a big open road with no cars a bunch of armor on

really really solid actually. They only exist on the rear tho.

So I should leave them as 2P modules and go from there?

3 Likes

yep that works, but since you can’t reconfigure from there I don’t see why you should take them apart at all.

1 Like

I wonder if it would be possible/practical to wire a position sensor onto the brake lever.
When you pull the brake it gives a mechanical input to the actual brake, and an electrical input to the esc to start regen braking.
Basically find a balance so it’s a 50/50 electrical/mechanical split. (Or any combination)
That way you reduce wear on the mechanical brake, and get some regen to your battery.
Although I suspect this would also need custom firmware so probably not very practical haha

1 Like

I thought about this. It’s too much work just to get regen on this meme build. The regular cable brake works great. The left handlebar has the brakes and the right has the throttle. EZPZ

To make them fit in the OEM battery compartment

1 Like

yeah that makes sense. They can be split in half instead of fully down to the 2S2P groups and kept inside their plastic after it is cut. I think I made a CAD model of these 2S2P bricks actually one sec.

hp2s2p zip.zip (616.3 KB)

2 Likes

This motor eats controllers for breakfest. They love amps btw.

2 Likes