44 Demonseed aka “DemonSpeed”

I would be very wary of extending the wheelbase. I have two of those 44s and they both exhibit cracks through the veneers at the sharpest point of the curve at the bottom of the drop.

Do me a favour? Inspect the rails of the deck at this point and look for cracks? I sanded the graphics off one of mine only to find that the cracks travel across the whole width of the deck :flushed:

Oh. And I can make an enclosure for you if you need…

If you zoom on the last photo you can see the cracks

6 Likes

yours is currently one of my fav builds! I don’t even mind the hubs and I’m a hub hatter. one sec I’ll get some close up picks of mine. I was writing you a PM about enclosures when you posted lol do you think you could com up with something that would fit at 12s8p but has a slope at the rear to account for the stooge motor mount clearance?

1 Like

Unfortunately i do not have the time or motivation to make another mould for this deck, especially after discovering the cracks. But I’d be happy to make you one from the mould i already have :+1:

3 Likes

Ok so all four corners are clean on mine. She’s literally brand new tho so we’ll see how it holds up over time/abuse. Some measurement pics too do you think if I took one of your enclosures added a 1/2” hard rubber gasket and chopped the rear off I could get away with my plans? If so I’m basically sold.

2 Likes

Current depth of.my enclosure is 25mm. If you were willing to do some cut and shut fuckery with the rear then anything is possible I suppose, but at that point your almost better off making your own i think

1 Like

ugh plus shipping from the upside down is a bitch - I will likely need to go custom if I get completely bamboozled I’ll hit ya up tho

1 Like

X would love to make this for you

talked to him already - he’s not making custom enclosures anymore and focusing on his new board. Said he might know a guy tho

What’s so special about this deck that you love? Seems just a regular long drop deck.

its got the longest wheelbase you can find from what I can tell and its rare and its comfy as hell. Some dude was trying to get $800 for a beat to shit one on US ebay a few months ago LOL

Longer than the RedEmber 44"?

1 Like

Its a good Q that I’m not entirely sure. I was inline for a RE44 for months but still haven’t heard an update. It was between a RE44 and one of these for this build. Found/got this one first.

Fair enough, long, non flexible decks are a neash atm I think, not a lot to pick from. Besides the sizes factor seems like a fairly old school, even maybe out dated deck?

1 Like

Yeah the downhill/freeride scene def favors a shorter deck nowadays thus adding to the rarity of something with these specs. I however love a long wheel base as I’m not actually that skilled when it comes to longboarding. Well not in comparison to kids who do it unpowered downhill.

Lmk this length. If I can make an enclosure for the RE44 I could make one for this.

2 Likes

we’ll do it in person when you are back, I have a few ideas about it I wana chat through

1 Like

Maybe outdated in the traditional longboarding scene, but I find a wider stance is far better suited to esk8.

4 Likes

The 44" version is solid unobtainium. The 36" is hard to find. The 39" and 42" are everywhere. It’s the 44" version that is so awesome, like the Satanic Panda variant above.

3 Likes

:arrow_up: this enclosure would perfectly fit a 16S5P of 18650

1 Like

I’m going with a 12s8p tesla cell pack at min. tho I’m being extra I know

1 Like