3SK8esk8 MTN build begins: A 16s Battle Axe?

Did you pick up a Trampa 75/300 to compare? The price tags on these are all silly @ ~$500, definitely excited for the 20S NeoBox.

3 Likes

Silly is an understatement. At least the Team Tri-force esc is a dual for the money. Regardless, I’m stoked that there are some high-power VESC’s being made.

5 Likes

Hello ,Hi Thomas, it’s Greg French, I join you on the forum

1 Like

Is it actually a dual?

Nope.

2 Likes

Although I’ve been wrong before.

2 Likes

The one on the site is a single for sure.

1 Like

Thought so.

I’ll be messing with it soon. I guess that I just assumed it was dual because it has a second set of phase-wire bolts.
I’m out of town right now. When I get back I’ll see if I can make it spin two motors.

1 Like

I have to say that I’ve opened this one up and it looks really pretty. Just about every other esc I’ve cracked open looked like a solder-monkey shit all over the place inside.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum! I’m anxiously awaiting the outcome of your experiment. I think a lot of people will appreciate the way that you’re converting a 4 wheel board to a three-wheeled. I’m interested in seeing how the belt-drive works out.

1 Like

There is also the “phase runner” for $300. This is essentially the VESC of the ebike world. highly configurable etc.
https://www.ebikes.ca/shop/electric-bicycle-parts/controllers/phaserunner.html

2 Likes

@tomiboi
How goes the testing over the holidays? :slight_smile:

How’s the power on that hub?.. And do you know the actual diameter of the hub motor?

any updates?

1 Like

I think that this may have taken a back seat for him, I know it’s not public but there’s a lot of work going on for his integrated decks (which are looking awesome AF)

Sorry for the delay. I promise to get back to this. Here is what I learned this far. I suck at programming really fancy ESCs. The one I have is more complicated than a standard VESC 6. Working with the guys that made it, I was able to get rolling but not optimally. The 1600w motor went dangerously fast on concrete, but could hardly get rolling on dirt. This could definitely be something that might be fixed with better programming. I haven’t tested the 3600w motor.

Does anybody know of an ESC that might work with this other than MakerX’s imaginary product? I haven’t really checked in a while.

When I get back to 3sk8 design, one of my first projects will be to make a really durable bracket for the axle. There is a lot of torque at the axle. On my street decks the axle wears at the bracket and with time it spins free. I’ve been using basic steel that can be found at any hardware store. It isn’t that durable. I’d like to do a CAD rendering to send off to a machinist, so that I can have it milled from some invincible shit. This is going to be very important for AT success. Most scooter hubs use the same universal axle as ebike hubs. So one bracket would work for many wheels.

1 Like

StormCore maybe?

3 Likes

This 16s compatible ESC based on VESC recently popped up at ebmakers.com. There is a 200A version and a 100A version. The 100A version might be a perfect match for the 3200w motor and at $195 it isn’t absurdly priced.

https://makerx-tech.com/collections/x-esc/products/go-foc-hi200-hi100-75v-200a-esc-based-on-vesc-accepting-order?variant=31793176510577

Maybe it’s time to get back to this project. The deck will be a breeze. Integrated with interior room for a multitude of cells. The brackets are something that I need some help from people on the forum that have metal working and machining knowledge. I can make the CAD rendering and a prototype form soft materials, but the bracket really needs to be machined from some serious shit. There is a ton of torque happening at the axle and if the material is too soft, the axle will spin free with time.

1 Like

it was a pre order before or something right?

Haven’t seen it tested.

1 Like