3SK8esk8 MTN build begins: A 16s Battle Axe?

Ooooh, @Schulerbible this is that ESC you showed me, it IS dual.

Looking forward to seeing how it goes! And super keen on one of those new remotes!

5 Likes

V2.2 of the ESC should be available by next month.

2 Likes

11 Likes

The wheel that I’m using has many different tires that can be used. Here are three: the off-road, and fat and thin road tires. So I can convert this into a street board in a heartbeat, but It’s built for the dirt… So I’m going to leave this one as is. Instead, I’m also designing a deck that will have better geometry for street set-ups. I experimenting with some king-pin trucks for that one. The nose of that board will only be 5 degrees. This one is about 35 degrees. Here are the front ends that I’m playing with for that one. A trampa set up and some other trucks from MBS.

2 Likes

This is a really cool concept!
Might build one of these instead of a traditional mountainboard in the future.

Will you sell the deck and rear bracket individually in the future? Those are the only parts I cant DIY myself.

Thanks!

2 Likes

@murdomeek Thank you for your interest :slightly_smiling_face: Yes, I will definitely be selling the board and brackets. I’m going to do a rebuild and some testing, but this deck style and another deck style will be available with brackets.

2 Likes

Alright, the build is done. Imma program it and test it out over the holiday. I’ll post some video and data as soon as I have some. For a quick recap. This is a 60v 1600w motor. It has a continuous current rating of 50-60A. The manufacturer claims that it can reach 45 mph. The battery is 16s8p 20Ah with a BMS rated for 50A. Controlling this beast of burden is Team Tri-force UK’s 16s 200A dual ESC (based on VESC).

Next, I’m going to tweak the deck after testing and rebuild it with the CNC router. I’m going to make two decks for different truck styles (see above). Also, I’d like to build a 16s4p battery that would fit into a smaller hard case. That would cut weight a bit and make the build more compact.

I had some fun with the loop key. It should give me an easy way of cutting the power if everything goes to shit. I really don’t know what to expect from this rig. Safety first.

I’m excited about this three-wheeled murder-wagon. The intent was to make something that could climb mountains and do dirt-jumping. The second deck design will geared more toward road-riding, carving and cross-country. There will be a reduced-cost beta-run of these (deck+brackets) after deck 2.0. Give me a shout if you are interested in getting involved with this project.

19 Likes

I’ll be interested in a deck + brackets kit :slight_smile:

1 Like

What are we thinking for handling though? I mean im not hitting hairpins-turns with two trucks already but im curious, is this going to be comparable? Looking forward to hearing back from you @tomiboi

Im interested in the price of the Deck+Bracket Kit, as I already have Another build that im working on and likely 1-2 more over this coming summer.

Fantastic. Same motor type I have for the scooter :grin:.
I am super interested in the 16s ESC since that is the battery I need to build for it. Do you a link for it? Or still testing? Yep found it in preorder on the website.

@murdomeek I’ll keep you in the loop as testing continues :slightly_smiling_face:

@Davewesh That’s a good question. The street three-wheelers that I make have really good handling, but that’s a totally different board. This specific deck is intended for dirt only. To manage tight turns you probably will need to depend on using the powerful back wheel to drift the tail. I did turn the nose up about 5 degrees further than the MBS “Warren” board to help tighten the handling. It might do really well. It’s yet to be seen.

@rey8801 You found it? I’m going to test it hard in January. I’ll hook a metr up to it and post results.

After the holidays settle down I’m going to program it and start testing. I intend to spend a lot of time on this project in January. We’ll see how it does in the snow :grin: It’s pretty water tight. I’m not going to drill ventilation holes until it gets hot out.

I’ll cost out the project in the next build. This deck has a lot of fiberglass and epoxy/resin reinforcing it. That will make it more costly than usual, but I’ll find a way to keep it reasonable.

1 Like

http://teamtriforceuk.com/a200s-v2-2/
I guess is this one. Yes please let us know :blush:

I think that is the newest version. They improved a few things.

I thought you have that one to test it.

Yes, I’m going to. @Chricious seems to know a bit more about the ESC.

2 Likes

Didn’t even know there was a 16s ESC available already except the one from Alien

I found out about this one on the VESC forum. Also, I’ve heard rumor of another one.

I know others are in the making but not yet available.

MakerX has a 24S available, but can’t recommend it so far since no tests are available.

I would suggest to wait for the 20S NeoBox.

4 Likes

This is the one that I heard about. MakerX and their supplier can be a little inconsistent. I know this from experience, but also I’ve had luck with their products. I’m intrigued to see how it works out.