3rd round GB - Closed - few parts left_ Paris / Caliber2 / TB 218 / Kahua precision adjustable base plate_The Hammock Base_Sick of Angled Risers!

Yeh you were on the wrong forum :blush:

1 Like

I’m in if that happens before the bowery gb

1 Like

Hmmm. Why not thread one side of the holes and have a cylindrical screw that are flushed on the other side?

because you need to apply torque on the bolt to get the right pressure. Thread won’t last as long as a nut pressing. The difference in applicable torque is huge. Same goes with the hammock kingpin. I don’t like the idea of simple thread kingpin screwed inside aluminium.

2 Likes

I ment the adjustment screw for the angles. not the kingpin. They just need to hold the weight of the rider. That way nothing would be in the way for drop through mounted trucks :slight_smile:

I understood what you meant. The all reply is about that bolts, only the last sentence is a comparison with the logic behind the kingpin.
The bolts do not hold any weight that won’t be good. The adj bolts are only there to remove the airtight gap between the two parts. The 2 parts are self supported, way stronger design to me.

1 Like

Absolutley! Just thinking out loud how one could drop through mount them without any hw im the way

1 Like

There is a possible way but then you have to make it for top mounted only. I tried with a couple of deck reapply quickly and in most of the case they do work already. I was surprise to be honest. Hummie’s deck is way thicker than standard decks, that why I said you probably need to make a 5x5mm pocket. It’ really little. Or if you route the baseplate space to be flushed with the deck as most do, then probably will work just fine

Filled out the form as well, in case of a round 3

1 Like

Hi! Thanks :wink: Just shipped out the parts last week. Round 3 is possible if some are interested, we’ll see it. I would like to try to make new colours too this time, for a project I have in mind :laughing:

2 Likes

Got my set :partying_face:

6 Likes

Great! But reverse them. the logo is the front :blush:

1 Like

In for round 3 as well, these look so, so awesome! Great work @rey8801

1 Like

Thbaks. Well guys let me know if other will be in and we can make a 3rd one :blush: I would like to get them in different colour too.

1 Like

Painted? Anodized? Powder Coated?

@rey8801 Are you going to do Surfrodz compatible version in the future?

Anodized as the units do far. For Alu is thr best to me. Keep the tollerance down

2 Likes

To be honest never used SR. I make what inspire me first. Won’t be difficult to make it for SR of course, but didn’t do it at the beginnig since they had their product, but apparently they do not provide it anymore. I understand why. It’s too expensive to machine it. Machine it properly I mean. If you cheap on material and tollerance then is another thing. Anyhow I think I would need to modify the upper part of the hammock and keep the base plate so can be interchangeable

2 Likes

after looking at some pics of surf rods tpk adj plates

… so, using these wrong way round - does it not make them tkp , or am I missing something?

and they fit @Boardnamics 220ml hangers and look lovely :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I don’t think they can take the tkp, but to be ho:thinking:nest never tried since I don not have a tkp trucck on my own. Anyhow I see the kingpin seat hasa different angle. I would like to test some tkp on my next build, maybe I only need to change the kingpin angle to make them fit with the hammock. @Riako can you please give it a try to see of far the kingpin angle it is right now? Thx man
Yeh the 220mm truck are basically caliber so I was sure they would fit :blush:

I will send you the bolts, when I get them :wink: