3rd round GB - Closed - few parts left_ Paris / Caliber2 / TB 218 / Kahua precision adjustable base plate_The Hammock Base_Sick of Angled Risers!

Ihhh yea damn I might need to wait then for a while. That was too cray cray

1 Like

I put a generous hole at the bottom to avoid the annoying problem of remove the pivot cup. You can use a t handle allen key and push it out easy. At least that how I do :blush:

3 Likes

Thats a great idea, Ive literally never been able to remove pivot cups from SR trucks without a flat screw driver :slight_smile:.

2 Likes

usually I add a bit of grease before press the pivot cup in. Then after months I can remove it easily becasue the hole should prevent the vacuum effect. In the worse case with a plier you can lift the side of the pivot cup just to get air in and then push it from the bottom thorugh the hole. So far it always worked for me.

1 Like

I think there new(ish) SR baseplates have a hole for an Allen key as well, that’s how I did it to put them in my Adj. baseplates at least :man_shrugging:

1 Like

yes they do have it indeed :blush:

2 Likes

Can I ask what the deck this is

Sorry for asking again: is it better to remove the nut with @rey8801 baseplate or should I leave it in or does it not matter?

Also, I found the pivot cups from the Kahuas when inserted in Alessio’s base plates a bit tight; it seems that the gap is a bit wider in the adjustable base plates (magenta arrow in picture below) than in the ones that originally come with the Kahua’s (yellow arrow in picture below)? Does it matter?

hi! not sure I get what you mean with remove the nut. Which nut? Maybe post a picture about it.
For the pivot, yes I added an extra 1mm of gap because that will allow in most cases the pivot cup will stick out a bit more allowing a better leaning avoiding the truck to touch the side of the base plate.

3 Likes

I got it wrong, I think: I initally thought that the nut (siehe green arrow in pic below) may not be necessary, since there is a (internal) thread for the kingpin in your baseplate that could also fix that kingpin?

Apropos: are the bushings that come with the Kahuas any good for a 100 kg rider like me or should I exhange them for something stiffer? Where can I get extra/replacement pivot cups from?

there is no internal thread you need the nut to tight the kingpin securely

2 Likes

@rey8801 newish here and late to this party but have two sets of Kahua’s and one set of TB CNC’s that are in need of adjustable base plates. Is this ever happening again or should I go down the road of angled risers?

Hi! Yes I am going to design the adapter for Surfrodz RKP and then will open a potential GB for the Hammock:

• RKP trucks such as Caliber, Paris, Kahua and all the compatible trucks in that group
  • SurfRodz TKP
  • SurfRodz RKP (need to finish it)

TB precision trucks I think they have a slightly different distance between pivot and kingpin so not sure they will work with the standard RKP Hammock. I don’t have them so can not test. If you have a set, you can try to swap the Kahua’s base plate with the TB one. If it works then yes the Hammock will work.

I think the next round of Hammock will be ready to ship in September. Because I will travel in August as well.

4 Likes

hi, I would like build new board 4x4 with Direct Drive motors fixed on 9-69 H11 Trampa deck. To reach this target, I looking for all solutions to compensate 30° of Trampa board. The angle adapter will be need to compensate the angle. Your solution could help me, do you still build it ? If yes, do you have pictures to have a idea of the last products ? What should be the price and do you deliver in Europe ? I thank you for your help and support. Let 's me know.

1 Like

Hi :blush:

Yes I still have some Hammock available.
Please check this thread to see pictures and info of the final baseplate.
I have Surfrodz RKP and the standard baseplate for TB direct drive, caliber, Paris ecc… Truck style.
What type of direct drive do you want to use?

Ah and I am I’m Europe so no problem for shipping.

2 Likes

Hi, I thank you for your quick answers. I would like use Onsra Direct Drive Hub motors,

2x in front and 2x in back to have 4x4 configuration.
According what I understood, Standard baseplates should be enough I think to compensate 35° of Trampa board.
My idea is to replace the base plate from Onsra fixation’s by your adjustable Black base plate fixed on board and re-used the double kipping with the Onsra Direct Drive Hub motors. The delivery will be in Bruxelle in Belgium

2 Likes

FYI: I’m almost positive this drivetrain setup can be found cheaper.

And I think your baseplate config will be an issue here. Hammocks are great, though. Proud to own a pair.

3 Likes

Unfortunately what you point is a TKP double kingpin set up. I am not sure if that will work with Hammock TKP. They look really close but they are made for SurfRodz TKP.

I am in Gent btw :grin: I have only one spare Hammock TKP. You are close enough to pass by and give it a try or you can also test it If you have a SR TKP

2 Likes

All proposal are welcome.
My idea is to use Trampa board, more flexible and use Direct Drive motors, less noisy. HW must available is Europe, I do not want pay more taxes.
Let’s me know.
Thanks

1 Like

dOn’t yOu wAnT tO sTrEnGtHen yOuR eCoNoMy??

2 Likes