3DServisas Products Discussions

This is without rotary shaft seals:

10 Likes

Pretty sure @ixf just completed a build using these. Maybe he can chime in.

4 Likes

I keep hearing how solid they are but also how much resistance is put on the wheel resulting in a significant range loss. I want them bad BUT I cherish range

1 Like

Just take the seal out

3 Likes

Yeah, then youā€™re constantly replacing bearings. Itā€™s a trade off

2 Likes

Car wheel bearings rarely need changing, and this looks like a similar design.

4 Likes

Right BUT if you take the seal out they will need changing more often.

2 Likes

I ended up buying some of his fatboy 320 hangers to swap onto my matrix II trucks. If these donā€™t cut it for me theyā€™ll be for sale and Iā€™ll be buying the whole finality kit

2 Likes

I ordered the Finality kit. I had planned to use Matrix IIā€™s on my Kaly build, but this is just too revolutionary to pass up. Iā€™m curious about the seals- do they have any kind of grease between them and the metal? Can they be 3d printed in TPU?

4 Likes

Where is that info coming from? Seals donā€™t ā€œcostā€ much range in the context of a PEV

3 Likes

Thereā€™s no medicine against gossip. :laughing:

8 Likes

Directly from customers that have themā€¦ not gossip, first hand experience. And they still love the setup, just mentioned about a loss in range due to this.

you can see the difference here, itā€™s actually quite significant, but honestly never having to change the bearings + easy tire changing is worth it. The amount of time we DIYā€™ers hear a sound and are like ā€˜ā€˜hmmm, whatā€™s that noiseā€™ā€™ and most of the time itā€™s a bearing.

Edit/ Whoops @tipsy i misunderstood the logs, but the difference is still there, at least in freeroll. In terms of efficiency wh/km, i agree, it doesnā€™t change much at all. :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

First log is going forward and the second log is going back on the same trail. This is consumption with Finality and 9" tires and a heavy 12s10p battery.

4 Likes

No client has personally let me know about decreased range. The amount of Finality drives in the wild is quite significant now. Maybe you were told this to be steered away from purchasing a set. :laughing: :laughing:

2 Likes

with seal or without?

2 Likes

Again, they werenā€™t talking bad about your product. They actually highly recommended them. The ONE THING they pointed out was range. Other than that they absolutely loved them and continue to ride them.

Iā€™ve not been steered away. I still really want them.

With the seal . :laughing: :rofl:

2 Likes

Then they have overtightened the bearings. It must be really precise, like in cars.

3 Likes

That may be. They look amazing man, and from what I hear they are a super solid unit.

Iā€™m working on something with your fatboy hangers for now. If they donā€™t do it for me then Iā€™ll definitely be purchasing a full set.

Iā€™ve been on the fence about that or a new TV :joy::joy:

3 Likes