3D servisas finality gear drives: tire balancing

Just curious if or how people are balancing their tires with the finality gear drive system considering how free roll is with it :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

@Skyart

I’ve already got how he does it. Just curious what other folks are doing

3 Likes

Ah fair enough

1 Like

How does he do it then?

1 Like

Deflates runs them on the rear at full speed then airs up. That helped some but I think I might have a shit tire. Weird cause I pulled these from my hellcats which were on here before. But those hubs are so much wider

1 Like

I also eyeball the tire to be as centered on the rim as possible before inflating

I also generally have a lot of tires and tubes, roughly a 15% tire defect rate for a lot of the common tires we use on our skatboars

3 Likes

Put wheel on axel. Spin. When it stops spinning and seesaws a bit, it’ll naturally settle with the heaviest part downwards. Thanks gravity. Apply lead tape opposite that part. Repeat.
But that’s just standard tire balance procedure.

1 Like

Not possible on finality. There is way too much resistance on the seals an bearings so gravity can’t do shit.

4 Likes

I really didn’t think I had to mention to do it with the tire OFF the gear drive.

1 Like

It doesn’t matter. Finality has seals in front as well.

Well that’s just stupid. I guess best you can do is balance the tire on a different hub then.

I just looked them up; pretty sure you could design and 3d print a lil something something to put a 22x8 bearing in the middle, if that’s within your capabilities…

Look what I found. Without seals it’s doable.

So maybe the solution is to remove the seals on one axle, do the balancing of the 4 wheels and put seals back.

4 Likes

Yeah I did my best. One tire just effed. It’s on my right front right now

1 Like

Dang means I have undo it tho…
6 monthes from now there will be a finality wheel balance jig like the motor puller

1 Like