3DServisas Products Discussions

Also adjusting the barrel preload.

1 Like

I think they share the same profile as the kaly barrels and trampa barrels

2 Likes

Yes, I can confirm the standard is the same.

2 Likes

i have one, it’s very stiff and solid, but baybee to the new system put’s to much resistence on the wheel

1 Like

To make everything waterproof rotary shaft seals are used. So it might appear that your wheel doesn’t spin freely initially. It will polish up over time and spin freely. Of course, if you are good at changing bearings often, then you can remove the seals and the wheel will spin freely for a really long time.

4 Likes

This is without rotary shaft seals:

10 Likes

Pretty sure @ixf just completed a build using these. Maybe he can chime in.

4 Likes

I keep hearing how solid they are but also how much resistance is put on the wheel resulting in a significant range loss. I want them bad BUT I cherish range

1 Like

Just take the seal out

3 Likes

Yeah, then you’re constantly replacing bearings. It’s a trade off

2 Likes

Car wheel bearings rarely need changing, and this looks like a similar design.

4 Likes

Right BUT if you take the seal out they will need changing more often.

2 Likes

I ended up buying some of his fatboy 320 hangers to swap onto my matrix II trucks. If these don’t cut it for me they’ll be for sale and I’ll be buying the whole finality kit

2 Likes

I ordered the Finality kit. I had planned to use Matrix II’s on my Kaly build, but this is just too revolutionary to pass up. I’m curious about the seals- do they have any kind of grease between them and the metal? Can they be 3d printed in TPU?

4 Likes

Where is that info coming from? Seals don’t “cost” much range in the context of a PEV

3 Likes

There’s no medicine against gossip. :laughing:

8 Likes

Directly from customers that have them… not gossip, first hand experience. And they still love the setup, just mentioned about a loss in range due to this.

you can see the difference here, it’s actually quite significant, but honestly never having to change the bearings + easy tire changing is worth it. The amount of time we DIY’ers hear a sound and are like ‘‘hmmm, what’s that noise’’ and most of the time it’s a bearing.

Edit/ Whoops @tipsy i misunderstood the logs, but the difference is still there, at least in freeroll. In terms of efficiency wh/km, i agree, it doesn’t change much at all. :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

First log is going forward and the second log is going back on the same trail. This is consumption with Finality and 9" tires and a heavy 12s10p battery.

4 Likes

No client has personally let me know about decreased range. The amount of Finality drives in the wild is quite significant now. Maybe you were told this to be steered away from purchasing a set. :laughing: :laughing:

2 Likes