3DServisas Products Discussions

Gonna order the proper hardware for the fix soon, thanks @3DServisas for the headsup and tutorial :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Can you guys check the ring bearing markings, it would be a good mod to replace that at the same time.

Also while you’re in there the regular motor bearings, trust level in maytech dropping.

Given they are known to run hot, ALL the prevention against fubar would be good to do in advance

Thanks dudekins

1 Like

6809 (2RS)

Would be the big boi bearing.

6800 (2RS)

Is the small one.

3 Likes

Those big bearings are $$

2 Likes

20-50€ a pop. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: Derail Jail 2020_Summer

ouchy,you know how bearings need to be changed occassionally in esk8 motors, basically we’re looking at 1/4 cost of the entire motor.

Presumably the ring bearings maytech got in bulk are of a cheaper variety and yes of course priced in massive bulk

Staying away from eBay and AliExpress I found these very reasonably-priced compatible from around the world or maybe I missed something in the #?

https://www.bearing-king.co.uk/bearing/6809-2rs-budget-brand-sealed-deep-groove-ball-bearing-45x58x7mm/19183

I can even find fancy Japanese-made for $20

https://www.bearingbasement.com/p/bearings/deep-groove-ball-bearings/6809-2rs-koyo-deep-groove-ball-bearing-sealed/

1 Like

What size motors are those? Did you have to cut down the shafts?

2 Likes

They look like TB 6380… and yeeee pretty sure u gotz to chop chop…

At least I had too. There be like 5mm too long for 3ds drives :penguin::eyes:

Chopped and not chopped.

6 Likes

Sweet, so it looks like 6380s would fit on the 240 hanger. Looks like plenty of room between the two motors. Wonder why 3D Servisas says 260 is required.

1 Like

Idk if disss helps yaaaa…

Random pics I found I hadsszzz

:doughnut:
But dis on 275 hangers

1 Like

If you mount outward, you need wider hangers cause the kingpin is in the way. He just assumes you might do so.

8 Likes

Word. I probably will.

1 Like

Anybody know if 3DS hangers are compatible with TB CNC bases?

1 Like

FatBoy240 - 275 hangers are not compatible with TB CNC baseplate .

5 Likes

Or viceversa. 3Dservisas adjustable baseplates are not compatible with Tb cnc hangers.

5 Likes

I see @ahrav already answered, but yes sir. Choppeti-choppeti. Don’t forget to cover your motors first! :wink:

3 Likes

Does anyone know if the Stormcore’s mounting pattern is the same as the Unity’s? If not, will we see an updated version of this case?

(I guess a similar question holds for the other ESC heat sinks 3dservisas make)

1 Like

I wondered the same thing, and from what I gather it’s the same and should be compatible given the ESC dimensions fit within the box

2 Likes