3DServisas Products Discussions

There are no issues with the mounting of 6880 motors. I am using them myself :smiley:

The only problem I have noticed is that during a hot day at 40-50km/h they get hot up to 80ā€™C.

11 Likes

Uhhā€¦ Iā€™m notz so sureeā€¦

13 Likes

Looks good to me :face_with_monocle:

11 Likes

Did that happen due to those retaining bolts shearing off?

3 Likes

Yupppppppā€¦ smhā€¦ trash they used the smallest fukin boltsā€¦
Look at this trash

7 Likes

Damn! Thatā€™s crazy poop.
Just like @3DServisas predicted. Wires n everything gone. That really blows

3 Likes

Looks like M3 in a motor structural plate? Wow

2 Likes

Yeaā€¦ fukin jokeā€¦ m3x6 :joy::joy:

3 Likes

Are these the motors bioboards is using on his new builds?! :scream:

2 Likes

:man_shrugging: I thinkā€¦ not surezzz thoā€¦

All motors that are going to be put in BioBoards gear drives will have the modification I have mentioned before. Yet, a guide is there to do it for your own motors.

11 Likes

Current batch of motors is fixed by hand like 3d servisas guide. Next batch coming in soon is fixed by maytech. So no boards will be shipped with faulty motors.
@ahrav please follow the guide here on your motors and for the one failed il send a new one for you. But please hold out 2-3weeks before we get new batch.

16 Likes

The pictures and instructions are helpful indeedā€¦peoples be very careful to not introduce metal shavings during countersinking, put a bit of paper in the holes first and cover the rest of the motorā€¦,

3 Likes

Or just remove the faceplate and do it separatelyā€¦? :man_shrugging:

1 Like

You mean remove the stator from the baseplate? Usually thatā€™s difficult without an engineering tool shop.

But yeah that would be ideal

Do we have a link for the ring bearing in 2RS format, a high speed quality bearing that is that will resist crap

I mean the faceplate thatā€™s held by M3x6mm bolts. Thatā€™s the bearing shield and all that holds the motor. It takes away easily.

Would love to know that tooā€¦

1 Like

Ah good to know, that makes it the best way by far

2 Likes

Dear lord, just tried to remove one plate. All 5 bolts loosened up by using the long part of the hex key, with finger force. Ouch. :no_mouth:

Sorry for lint, the motor was inā€¦ storage. :laughing:

5 Likes

12 Likes