3DServisas Products Discussions

Should I start with a left hand drill bit first or a spiral extractor thing?

2 Likes

@tipsy I think usually the work flow is drill a small hole with the left handed bit (not large enough to drill out the threads) and after that try one of the spiral screw extractors. Penetrating oil (like PB blaster) and some more heat could also help loosen it.

4 Likes

Too much heat will soften the stainless and they will strip easily lol

2 Likes

I wonder if they make 12.9 hardened zinc plated set screws. Those might be better for this application.

1 Like

They are alloy steel, not stainless.

2 Likes

Ah. Ok Personally I prefer to use a heat gun over direct flame. But yes. Those things are bonded in there lol

3 Likes

would love to hear where u find high quality low kv motors my dealer @torqueboards is cutting me off :frowning:

2 Likes

Wondering when the Fatboi 320s will be back in stock @3DServisas

2 Likes

12 Likes

Lol this almost answers my question :sweat_smile::rofl::rofl: looks great!

1 Like

I was looking at https://alienpowersystem.com/shop/brushless-motors/63mm/aps-6384s-sensored-outrunner-brushless-motor-130kv-4000w/

Dunno if @3DServisas got any other recommendations? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I do not recomment alien power system motors if they look like the ones in the link,

5 Likes

Ask Bioboards if they can sell you 6396 140KV motors. :smiley:

6 Likes

sooo any update on when we can buy some fatboy 320s?

1 Like

FB320 hangers are coming in two weeks. :smiley:

2 Likes

YEEEESSSS!!! i wll need some adapters for them to fit my eco v3 drives, i have trampa adapters right now

Boooooo

2 Likes

For properly loctited bolts you are required to use a proper blowtorch.

Heat it until the parts are VERY hot. You can check it simply: if you touch it with your finger and get instant blisters, it’s good. :smiley: :joy:

Unscrew the bolts only with a hex wrench.

If you overdo it, it breaks the hex, not the bolt.

In your case, you need to take the main plate off the adapter. Drill out the bolt with 5.5mm drill. If you damage the thread it’s not a problem. You can always insert a helicoil to fix the thread.

https://www.voelkel-shop.com/en/thread-repair-kits-6-x-1-0-1-5d-volkel-04010-m6.html

6 Likes

very science yes

14 Likes

I use a soldering iron to heat up bolts like that.

4 Likes