3d printing requests,

Yeah that makes sense, I think deck shape makes a big difference too, I can’t imagine riding a trampa for that whole trip

2 Likes

I’ve only experimented with temporary solutions…

Slab of rubber/foam/cushionny-material-of-some-sort beneath the outside of rear foot. It seems to help counteract the arch of the deck. For me it was to address a bothered knee (think bow-legged stance standing on an arched deck = stressed knee)… Though it did improve the foot fatigue for me too.

I wanna tinker some more (w/ different materials, thicknesses, shapes, locations) to discover an ergonomic sweet spot. I’m nowhere near imagining an elegant 3D-printed solution. I’m still in redneck, cut stuff with scissors territory. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

That’s the honorary first step!

3 Likes

Off the cuff, what do you think about this?

Heges or Scandypro 3d scan,

Scan deck, shoe sole, stance on deck,

Meshmixer, stitch solid, do some booleans, take the shape of desired foot well,

Print it. I dunno, I’m no Dr Scholls.

I was going to try to make custom freeboard inserts to have stock curve fit my foot perfectly.

2 Likes

Yeah I love it. The hardest part is the adjustable binding spots on the deck so I was going to try and make a slot method that sits around the binding post. A scanner would make my guesswork much less guessy.

1 Like

An iPhone with faceID or any camera and do photogrammetry would make it much less guessy.

1 Like

Doesn’t the Kinect still do the scanning natively in the 3D program of windows 10?

1 Like

Oh shit, I have one laying around still unless it sold at the garage sale.

Big brain move

Could I entice anyone to help me design and print a pair of risers for the Haya deck? I currently have a set that are not tall enough.

I basically need this

but one with just the charge port, and another with just the power button, and none of the stuff for lights.

This is the one I have that isn’t tall enough. Its 9.5mm tall, need it to be 15mm. Not crazy about the button angle either since the connectors on the back get squished by contact.

1 Like

Anyone localish to DC able to print me a test pulley in the next few days? Can pay for filament!

Material required? I’m in Ohio if no one closer steps up.

Literally anything, it’s honestly just to confirm the sizing

It’s usually 2-3 day shipping from here to your area. I can get it going tonight and shipped out tomorrow or Saturday at the latest if that’s cool.

Also, Hmu if you still need this. Pretty easy to do.

1 Like

I’m up in MD and coming down to DC Sunday, but I literally just started tearing down the printer for a mainboard and fan upgrade so I can’t guarantee it up and calibrated properly in the next few days.

Anybody able to whip a couple of these out? I could posdible use the local library but not sure of their quality.

1 Like

I can do them for you dude, just shoot me a pm with exactly which ones you want

1 Like

Hay man, appreciate the prints… its the firrst one in the link. Just need two of them ifn youd be obliged

3 Likes

Will get them done for you tomorrow dude

3 Likes

You’re getting wedge and dewedge just because

3 Likes