3d printing requests,

I might be able to do it for you but I’ll need to see how much filament it uses, each of those prints uses a ton because most of the part is gonna have to be supported.

Will be kind of pricey I think just based on material use and actual print time - if I had to guess I’d say probably 12 hr per piece

1 Like

I see. I was under the impression that it’ll be cheaper than importing from Saber Dynamics if it’s domestic.

Looking at the sabre dynamics ones, it has some optimizations that make it easier to print

Namely, looks like the blade is cut into two pieces to make it easier to print without supports, then glued together, which is possible, it’s just extra effort haha

1 Like

My printer only does 0 and 100% :confused: Stupid proprietary limited controllers.

Haven’t tried it, so I can’t tell you.

1 Like

Thought about just running a 12-24v potentiometer in line to it for manual control?

Can somebody in the US please print me this? Red color please. I’m not sure what filament, maybe TPU?

I can do it for ya. TPU should work just fine and be great for this application depending on the infill. PM me for details and we can figure out the cost.

2 Likes

Sup guys, I’m taking requests. I have B&W PETG and black PLA. Located in central EU. Inbox me if you need something.

4 Likes

What a great symbiotic community! Helping out and learning from each other.

1 Like

I printed them for him out of tpu at 100% infill and each took about 5.5 hours. Almost a whole roll of tpu. I’m going to eventually redesign them in order to cut cost and time. It’s more supports than anything. Ugh…

This is the waste from two of them…

8 Likes

yeah… so much filament

I guess I mis-estimated the time, but that does depend a lot on print speed and settings too

1 Like

Yep. I get better layer adhesion when going a bit slower with tpu (2400) so I stick with that. I can print faster but with these being stepped on a lot I played it safe. Probably could’ve stepped up the speed a bit but just didn’t want to waste my time. They’re solid as fuck.

2 Likes

Thank you very, man.

1 Like

:wink::sunglasses::wink::sunglasses::wink:

Why didn’t you just flip them around? Would’ve worked without supports it seems.

1 Like

It’s curved. No way around it without supports.

Dang ok, but I’m still pretty sure even with a curved survace you would’ve saved a lot of supports.

1 Like

No, it would not have worked.

Especially not with TPU

Could you explain why? I’ve never printed with TPU so far.

TPU is a very finnicky material and it likes to be printed slow. Complex shapes are much harder to do with it and I can’t fathom an orientation where this would come out well except for the one that requires supports

You add that on top of the fact that gentle curves in the Z direction are one of the hardest things for FDM printers to do, and you end up with a mess haha

One option is of course that you slice it right at the joint and then glue it together

2 Likes