3d printing requests,

I’d like to think it was a work trip and I could drop it off. :joy:
Do you need it pretty strong?
It looks like a cygnet ring right?

I see you are in Cornwall as well /)

Hay if you want to drop it off that’s fine not in a hurry for it buy you breakfast at spoons when it open? Camborne no pressure,.

No its a bracket for a push switch which turns on / off lights

I’m a bit further away in Dorset but may be down that way. Otherwise I’ll drop it in the post. :metal:

Thank Ben man bug

1 Like

5 Likes

Dibs! Seriously though, how much for two or three cases?

$20 each… Can also send file if you pm. Most of these are for Moe

2 Likes

Mmm, I’ll pay that :rofl: Give me a week or two to scrounge around for dollars please!

2 Likes

Hey guys,
Need your opinion
I was thinking of printing my suspension system as a prototype
First do you think it would be useful, would it hold my weight?
Second, how much do you think it would cost?

If you can export it as an stl file, I can throw it into a slicer and give you an estimate on material cost.

PMd you :slight_smile:

Yes, in PETG or ABS (Or even pla+, but not for long) you could test this out. One nice thing about using a way too weak material is, it’ll usually fail and highlight where there might be a weak point on the final product.

I would say though if you’re doing iterative design, its gonna be worth buying an Ender 3 and printing the parts yourself. They’re only like 150 euros, so after 2-3 iterations it’ll have nearly paid its self off compared to buying from a service.

5 Likes

@DavidF im happy to print for you got a printer i can do abs or petg in at 100% and stuff can be pretty strong
pm me if you are interested

1 Like

Thanks guys!
@Halbj613 I’ll get in touch with you when the files are ready, you’re in the UK right?

1 Like

yep in the uk but shipping costs shouldnt be to high
get in touch whenever you want

1 Like

Nice
BTW I think I read somewhere that 100% infill was not was not necessarily the strongest option
Is that right?

1 Like

Yeah, it actually fails more rapidly than 85% in my opinion because it has no room for the smallest amount of flex.

3 Likes

G’day dudes,

I’ve read through this entire post and also searched thing verse in its entirety looking for a top-mounted battery enclosure for a mountain board build I’m working on. I was after something sleek and simple that could fit a 12S6P 21700 setup - I don’t want to use a Peli on my Haero Bro, I get they’re practical although I can’t get my head around how they look.

Is this something that can be 3D printed? I know I could always use a conduit box although having something built to size is preferred. I did a quick SketchUp of what I was after and I want to know if anyone has done anything similar? Will it hold up?

1 Like

I personally don’t think printing a large box is worth it. It’s a very simple structure that doesn’t really take advantage of what 3D printing offers, and you would get far stronger results piecing together six sides of flat material than printing an entire box, because you don’t get the weak axis from the layer lines. Plus, your box is at the upper limits of print bed sizes, so you’re going to need a printer with a relatively large bed. The popular Ender 3 only has a usable bed of 220x220mm for example, and slightly less when you factor in the clips at the edge holding the bed on the heating element.

@frankthedragon Yea, using a complex machine to print out a simple structure is totally overkill. Although when we look at all the effort we put into our decks to make them look and run to perfection I think we can do better than Peli cases in the looks department. Trampa are the only ones I know of that make anything half decent although for me the costs would be too high, converting the POUND to AUD sux for us Aussies.

I’m here looking for alternatives, there are plenty of places offering 3D printing services nowadays. I’ve had some under-mounted enclosures quoted in the past from thing verse for my first build and the prices I was getting were lower than what I expected.

If there are folks out there printing under-mount enclosures there must be someone that’s given a top mount enclosure a go on their 3D printer.

I’ve also reached out to a few local guys in my area that I’ve used in the past and sent me designs to them. I’ll loop everyone here in on what I end up doing.

Mike