3D Printing Discussions, Questions and Debugging

Thanks! Is that for pla or petg?

Pla. So adjust temp accordingly. Build plate and nozzle of course.

1 Like

Sweet :love_you_gesture:t3: I’ll test @mishrasubhransu suggestion and then yours!

1 Like

@DEEIF

I haven’t been ghosting when you tag me here. I just literally know nothing about 3d printing yet so it’s hard for me to troubleshoot. I literally just shoot from the hip here and have gotten lucky over the months. Still learning myself. I leave it to the pros.

2 Likes

Ahaha, you are one 3D printing lucky man :crazy_face::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

@agentdev @mishrasubhransu @Venom121212

Soooo, turns out my the problem was… well this. Microswiss hotend took a dump :disappointed_relieved:

Went away for a couple hours and came back to that hot pile of… stuff. All in all I need a new hotend and fan assembly, should I just take this as the que to upgrade to direct drive?

If so which one? I pretty much have to create a brand new extruder setup including fans…

2 Likes

I haven’t moved to direct drive so I can’t help you. Was the heating block just not screwed in tightly to the hotend? It’s tricky to get the wrench in there while not twisting your setup.

1 Like

You didn’t tag me and that hurts…

2 Likes

It was wrenched… Hard. Super tightly screwed in. Not too sure exactly what could have caused it…:

I honestly thought I tagged you first :thinking: Welp anyways @SeanHacker Master D any suggestions?

1 Like

Haha. Where the ptfe tubing is, was is pushed in all the way? It will literally take a bit of force to get it flush. I had this happen when it wasn’t.

1 Like

The PTFE tubing is still in place :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Literally just decided to give up and took the whole assembly right there with it :joy:

If I were to go to Direct Drive what do you recommend?

1 Like

If you are brave enough, you can get it cleaned with a blow torch, but don’t heat it too much that it melts into a puddle of aluminum and brass.

If you really want to upgrade then it’s going to cost you $74 for everything from trianglelabs.

You can find other options in the all metal direct drive upgrade thread.

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ll check out the thread!

I use this with several Ender 3 Pros, some with bowden and others setup for direct drive:

https://amzn.to/2yOTlUh

This is my favorite direct drive hot end mount and duct system because it is super flexible and works with either bowden or direct drive:

ABEC adapter… hatchbox ABS

4 Likes

I got my ender 3 pro and the tension on the belt is very tight, is this too tight?

it’s like a guitar lol
@Venom121212

Wont open for me. Try uploading it on a separate line from your text.

I’ll keep my BGM+V6 extruder-hotend combination on ender 3 but if I get a new printer then I’ll definitely be using BGM+this

1 Like

does anyone have an stl file for a 21700 battery holder for spotwelding

Might have better luck here