3D Printing Discussions, Questions and Debugging

ABEC adapter… hatchbox ABS

4 Likes

I got my ender 3 pro and the tension on the belt is very tight, is this too tight?

it’s like a guitar lol
@Venom121212

Wont open for me. Try uploading it on a separate line from your text.

I’ll keep my BGM+V6 extruder-hotend combination on ender 3 but if I get a new printer then I’ll definitely be using BGM+this

1 Like

does anyone have an stl file for a 21700 battery holder for spotwelding

Might have better luck here

The. Noise. :joy:

This shit is getting packed up and moved into a temporary space with a drive-thru soon. We may have 20-30 printers.

3 Likes

Man that’s awesome. How are you finding filament? It’s so dry everywhere. Microcenter had 15 rolls total in stock.

2 Likes

I bought about 20 spools back when it was in stock at Micro Center. A local hobby shop (which is of course closed) has a mix of PLA on hand…the owner allowed me to buy 60 spools and they still have stock.

Soon I’ll have to resort to Amazon and higher prices…I have 10 test spools on the way.

1 Like

How much are you buying them for at the local hobby shop?

Maybe a bit looser but if it’s not causing any issues, keep it tight. There isn’t enough torque for it to skip teeth unless you’re running crazy fast accel

Retail is $19.99, most were 25-40% below that. Of course that was just for this project…I can’t believe how expensive PLA is now on Amazon etc.

1 Like

I wonder how much they buy it for in bulk. The least I found in the USA was around $11 for white and black for 10x1kg but couldn’t justify buying such huge amounts in bulk and storing them somewhere.

1 Like

Where? I need these lol

It’s pretty much drained lol. This is definitely one-time pricing for our project.

1 Like

They don’t have 10kg bulk anymore on their website, on 5kg. Maybe you can contact them if they still offer that.
Dm me if you land a sweet deal. Haha.
Zyltech.com.

2 Likes

He basically charges 5% over cost. $11 is probably the lowest he ever saw, but those days are gone for now. I don’t even think he can get anything from Zyltec in the near future when the store opens.

1 Like

PLA(pellets) per se is very very cheap. Like < $1 per kg. ABS even cheaper. 3D printing filament is a lot more expensive because of winding a tightly toleranced filament and packaging. Logic dictates that as the adoption goes up the filament pricing should go down. But surprisingly that’s not been the case. I can’t fathom why? Because people see this as a hobby and therefore just charge more?

1 Like

Even Amazon is running low on most brands…

If you need bulk maybe try reaching out to these guys. They are the official distributor of esun filament-