3D printables for esk8

I haven’t tuned my TPU profile at all yet, but TPE is a bit harder to print from what I hear. Definitely want to use the textured pei sheet, or if you you use one of the others, gluestick is recommended :face_vomiting:

1 Like

There is also flexible PLA, in certain cases a lot besser than TPU, as it needs less dialing in.

(german)

4 Likes

I remembered that at 2am. “Why not pla?”

first try! using the deck stl posted here and an imported pdf of binding bolt patterns that @MBS hosts on their website. Thanks guys! This was a no caliper project.

Trampa also has a repository of dimensions, not to mention the “Parts used in this item”. I wish pelican released step files of containers. No one is going to print one to use in a place where you actually need a pelican. (Do they send models on request?)

Only in the last 2-3 months, I’ve started designs with a deliberate model asset search.

“Why reinvent the wheel?” a topic covered in highschool into to tech. I took AP Studio Art, woodshop, and theater. The process of reinventing the wheel is the art.

Will post files when wheels spin, Followed by a link to apex boards. Life is too short to print flexibles, unless it’s a NSFW print.

5 Likes

I wonder if this flexible PLA material could be used to make protective pads/gear?

1 Like

I’m not usually an Engineer, but I am when I use this plate…

-the words, “safety gear” and “3d printing” when used in one sentence definitely caused a reader to fall dead from his chair from a cardiac event. I will clean a bearing as an offering to skatan in their memory.

-Brad from @RipTideSports has your definitive answer.

-Big Safety doesn’t want you trying to muscle in on their turf. Be careful.

8 Likes

The only kind of “protective” stuff I’ve printed has been various bumper pads for Onewheel rails, kick tails on boards, etc. Certainly nothing actually safety related… I’ll leave that up to the smart people. I’m just a loose cannon with access to filament and fusion 360

1 Like

Maybe? It’s a lot tougher than regular PLA, but nothing beats nylon I suppose.

1 Like

Printed in a mood.

2 Likes

More of a cosmetic mod (although these should actually function at drawing air through the wheel), but heres some turbofan wheel styled cosmetic covers for otang dadbod 105’s. Pressfits right in without any sanding required.

10 Likes

where through? :thinking:

1 Like

They can help keep plastic Kegel pulleys cool enough so they don’t completely melt :sweat_smile:

Otangs have two sets of holes, the kegel pins and the outer holes. These only mount using the exterior hole pattern.

1 Like

ah gotcha

1 Like

But why?

1 Like

Why not? It looks cool.

8 Likes

I have thermal cam, @Ac53n , I saw those and thought “I should get a set bc they are going to sell out and never be made again if they are actually great”

I have a lone kegal if you want to send file, I’ll print, heat, and find out. :+1:

Why? It’s hot out there. shot at 930pm. Anything helps.

5 Likes

I dont think it would be very effective on a kegel core - as is, its designed to sit in the outer circle of holes on the otang dadbods with airflow coming through the inner kegel pattern holes.

I might be able to design something to fit ontop of pneumatic wheel hubs, but it wouldnt be anywhere near as clean looking lol.

1 Like

Have you rolled on them yet?

1 Like

Not yet, just finished printing a complete set. Dont have a functioning esk8 but ill test them on an analog board sometime this week. They seem to hold in place fine from me drop testing them fwiw though.

1 Like