3D printables for esk8

belt cover.stl (156.1 KB) here is one for evolve style trucks with space for a big motor shaft, printed at 50 percent infill and pla.

3 Likes

Awesome, thank you
I will definitely try it tomorrow :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Anyone have a file for a plug for XT90 male connectors that doesn’t go outside the connector? I have a male end epoxied into my enclosure and would like something to prevent contact either between the two pins or the pins and something conductive. If not, I’ll make one and post it here

1 Like

Do you mean male as in the bullets themselves, or male as in the housing itself?

Because they’re reversed. The male connector is the one with pins, and the female one is the one with holes. The shape of the connector body is the opposite.

1 Like

I have a fake female?

You could probably bring it under bed level in the slicer to make it closer to flush?

1 Like

148mm caliber 1 motor mount I made. Solid bottom layers 12mm thick, I think it will hold up, testing soon.

3 Likes

60T MBS Hub Gear .stl for Printing

I have a few more I’ll be posting as well, 70T, 72T, 66T, 63T and a few for Trampa hubs as well

Designed to work with Twistar, Rockstar Pro, Rockstar (that I know, likely will fit most) and takes 50-70mm bolts and m4 lock nuts fit into the spaces on the gear.

Depending on your setup and tire size you’ll likely want the 5mm standoff - its in the file on thingiverse.

Enjoy and let me know if you have questions!

8 Likes

66 tooth for MBS:

3 Likes

70 tooth for MBS:

4 Likes

Finally finished, my BN (motor) Bumpies (ers)

15 Likes

I’m looking forward to the day someone can 3d print a reliable motor mount. I don’t think it will hold up but I hope to be proved wrong.

Which material did you use?

Pla? Petg? Neither of those will hold up for too long. Your motors are going to use that as a heatsink and malform easily. Not to mention heat from the sun.

Try some alloy 910 at the least.

1 Like

I used petg. I’ll watch for deformation. With it being 100% solid the weakest part would be the area where the motor is recessed, in reality I’ll be cutting this mount from aluminum after the testing.

This is happening at a friends.

1 Like

CNC? Does anyone recommend a cheap CNC that can cut aluminum?

Idk about cheap, what’s considered cheap? You can buy cnc machines from 1000-100000

This shapeoko xxl was 2k

More like lol

There’s lots of Youtube videos I’ve seen about budget CNC machines, I can’t think of brand names off the top of my head right now though

1 Like

There’s a lot of ambiguity here.

• First, you’re going to have to define “cheap”.
  • Then you’re going to have to figure out what your dimmensional requirements are. How much travel in X, Y and Z do you need?
  • Then, you’re going to have to clarify the level of performance you expect. “can cut” and “will cut well” are two veeeeery different things when it comes to cheap tools. Do you expect a professional-quality finish, or will you be okay with the parts looking like somebody went at it with a dull beaver?

In the professional world, a “cheap” small CNC mill like a Tormach PCNC 440 (practically a toy by industrial standards) starts at $5400, and goes all the way up to $15000+ with all the bells and whistles.

7 Likes

:joy:
points added. once again.

4 Likes

You can 3D print parts for a DIYCNC Probably good for wood plastic and very light duty aluminum

1 Like

based on the context of the conversation and this thread it would probably be for e-skate parts like motor arms, c-clamps and etc. Similarly the 5k+ professional stuff that you are referring to wouldn’t meat the criteria of cheap based on the context of a DIYer using it casually.

I’ve seen a few DIY CNC builds that seem decent, maybe that’s the best path. I’m surprised there isn’t a sub $1000 CNC kit from China that can cut aluminum and have a decent build area, but I’m sure it’s a matter of time. If CNC could get close to the popularity of additive manufacturing we would see good prices and higher quality earlier.

2 Likes