3D printables for esk8

Ahh I don’t read so good :woozy_face:

1 Like

I can help, based in Switzerland.
But I wonder how you brake this one? Today I did a marathon (46km) with it and I had no issue with it…

If you really need another case, let me know and please tell me why and what you are unhappy with.

Cheers

I let a kid try it out and the remote fell on the ground and the skate passed over it…
It’s still working but the control wheel got a little torn and damaged.

Did you design something for the VX1 remote?

1 Like

Those aren’t actual remote cases. They’re sleeves to put over the remote.

4 Likes

Thanks for the clarification, indeed sleeve was what I meant, not case.

Just got around to modding the mount a bit more
Split it in to 2 pieces and added a tongue and groove to glue them back together

Currently printing the back part

2 Likes

Well to be honest, I am not so sure that that will hold up… Damn, I am almost positive that it will snap at that joint in matter of days…

I would suggest different approach by using some kind of flange that is glued as well after two parts slide and locks down to each other. Take a look at the quick mock up attached.

I would like to hear some more opinions on this matter, because I am not an expert on the subject, but considering forces that will be applied tho the part, I think this would be better solution.

2 Likes

I rethought of it as I posted. I’m actually thinking of doing the opposite for the tongue and groove (switch which is which). This would allow for a longer tongue

Also, the way you show would be most prone to breaking as the front part will be receiving downward forces

1 Like
  1. trial and error gives fastest response of ideas :wink:
  2. your hook should be the other way: the right part should be attached from top, not bottom
  3. i suggest a dove tail connection like this:
3 Likes

Getting tolerances in shrinking plastic to be good is hard. To avoid that, you would make them have slight tolerance gaps but a dovetail with gaps is weak…

Btw my solution has a tolerance gap to allow for epoxy to get everywhere. It’ll be like the connection never existed. If it breaks, my whole part was weak, not just the connection :stuck_out_tongue:

What filament are we talking about? PLA is easy and I didn‘t expect toleranced dovetail, I meant a fitting one :joy:

1 Like

Glueing is possible too

Polycarbonate

I trust my epoxy :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

What if instead you made a hook that held onto one of the ‘spokes’ of the rim to secure it to the wall?

1 Like

But then how do you “hook” the other tire?

1 Like

with two hooks :crazy_face:

The idea I had was basically just using two hooks to grab onto both wheels, kinda like what this picture has but since we have two front wheels, we would use two hooks

Less space to support said hook. Plastic would not be a good option at that point

less space as in theres less contact between the hook and the wall?

2 Likes