3D printables for esk8

so you are thinking that PLA would actually work in this application? I was wondering how long it would last since it would be compressed by the deck and baseplate with zero movement

This handle riser is made from Raise3D’s premium PLA, but has withstood for a year and three months.
I’m still using it without any problems.
The thin riser probably won’t bend between the deck and the base plate.
This Raise3D Premium PLA is vulnerable to bending, but surprisingly strong against vibrations and shocks.

12 Likes

I was surprised to learn pla had more compressive strength than petg. Doesn’t do the bending as well though.

4 Likes

Damn, that one is also impressive. Nice work dude!

1 Like

that’s great since I’ve never printed anything other than PLA, can’t do ABS now that the office/printer room is my kid’s classroom

1 Like

If you’re worried, you may want to add a thin rubber riser.

@xsynatic

you running these?

1 Like

He does

1 Like

Yup. Ever since i made them.

(i think i still haven’t updated the file with the bigger hole, so either you edit it out or just drill it bigger :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What did you print it out of?

Wonder if we could get metal ones made. Maybe @surfnacho could make it happen

1 Like

PLA. Metal sounds good but then i would advise to remodel them.

1 Like

Would anyone be interested in files for these little bumpers that go on BN cal II motor mounts? I made some mistakes on the dimensions but it should be an easy fix

3 Likes

What is this riser voodoo? when why do you choose to use it? ( I can guess. )

is the hole in it big enough for the pin only or for the whole grub screw?

1 Like

I use them because even the hardest shockblocks are way to soft for my liking and the screw for tension already was at its max.

To be honest, i don’t know anymore. Definitely for the pin. I’ll have a look later if both fit (don’t think so)

The matrix II kingpin design is no bueno. PE glide plates are much better… (Industrial design) Dirt pipes…

Channel truck kingpin design is no bueno

2 Likes

You heard it here first boys!

1 Like

@RipTideSports been saying this for years…

1 Like

Did I miss something? What have I been saying for years?

3 Likes

Your dislike of the kingpin usage on most channel trucks, Matrix 2 especially.

3 Likes