3D files / CAD request thread

What version are you on? I’m almost sure I tired that

Either it stopped working in newer version or I haven’t tried it lol, I think I’m on 2020

2 Likes

I can’t wait until I have an AR headset that works with solidworks so I can compare my 3d models next to real boards.

2 Likes

Yeah, must open next level of modeling, sometimes it’s hard to judge size just on CAD

2 Likes

One of my backgrounds in solidworks is my kitchen table so I can get a good size comparison :joy:

4 Likes

Thats smort

3 Likes

I think I always clicked and dragged the blue arrow at the end. After you let go it allows you to insert a new value.

2 Likes

After you drop it once and give it a measurement, can you redrag the blue arrow and get the measurement box to pop back up? For me it was a one time deal.

1 Like

Just checked, you are right after exiting the image, the scale tool locks. Toggling the enable scale tool works though :ok_hand:

1 Like

It’s a minor win but I’ll take it

1 Like

Can’t wait for the day I can get a coordinate measuring machine to avoid all that

1 Like

We have one downstairs at work but it’s not my companies, we just get to use it sometimes. What an insane tool. My mind was blown. Makes sense when you start seeing the tolerances they need for things though.

1 Like

Indeed, but not even that. For example, for my ebike, ideally I would like to have a model of my frame, but it’s complex as hell, in the past year I think I did 3 or 4 different approaches to measure it, and none was good enought

1 Like

Ah yeah that would be an awesome application.

1 Like

Anyone happen to have a CAD of a Hobbywing classic or LingYi remote? I want to build a cover for them to bulk it up for a better grip, and protect it.

2 Likes

I can never get the floor and reflections to work right so I have a big concrete block model I drag stuff onto for nice renders.

1 Like

I have that remote so I could try to make a cruddy one.

Oh me too, I just wanted to double check I wasn’t reinventing the wheel or anything. I’m actually surprised I haven’t seen any silicone covers or anything for them, they should be really common remotes.

2 Likes

the verison with the screen has only been out for idk 1-2 years max maybe everyone assumes someone else is doing it.

1 Like