3D files / CAD request thread

@DEEIF :arrow_double_up:

1 Like

does anyone have files for 50-60T 5 pin kegal pulley’s? Basically Boardnamics kegel press-fit style, but at 60T size?

Just gonna leave this here:

In preparation for the soon-to-be-announced Hoyt Puck Design Competition. :kissing_heart:

9 Likes

Trying to design a 6x2 adapter for the moon gear drive; anyone has the model (Fusion360 preferably) of the @mishrasubhransu pulley_adapter [1]?

[1] https://cdn.thingiverse.com/assets/92/83/67/75/c4/pulley_adapter.STL
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3392781

2 Likes

haha can you write this again?

2 Likes

Lol, np I’ll give it another shot :smile:

So @mishrasubhransu designed and printed some sweet looking berg hubs with kegel fittings - perfect for the BN geardrives using the kegel fitting. Means you can swap between TB110s and Bergs without needing to change the fitting (since they’re both kegel). @mishrasubhransu ‘s design could also be used for a similar setup using belts IF there’s 60T kegel pulley…was just wondering whether modelling a 60T BN-style press fit kegel pulley is viable…(I’m going straight to derail jail for this one lol)

1 Like

this is a cad request thread. Ok yeah so you want a 60T HTD 5M pulley for the BN push fit adapter.

I already have a model of the BN Kegel pulley push fit adapter so anyone can make a pulley and print one.

Would be cool to see a carbon fiber disk embedded in the printed pulley.

Ah I’m on my phone, didn’t see you shunted my convo over here, thanks.

Exactly what I’m after, but someone would have to modify the design for 60T, no? (I don’t have the skills). Also, was wondering if there is any potential structural issues with 2 3D printed parts working together…especially since the kegel prongs when 3D printed may be a weak/brittle?

2 Likes

just have to design a pulley, that bolts into the adapter. Due to the small diameter of the bolt pattern the stress will be high hence why I thought a carbon fiber plate could spread the load out the a printed pulley exposed onto it.

1 Like

BN2020 wit pushies.zip (5.9 MB)

2 Likes

Thank you

1 Like

boom

it really needs a metal hub or something I think

2 Likes

Ahh a metal hubs! I was going to use the printed hubs, is that a bad idea? Maybe my idea isn’t possible then

1 Like

the stress there is really high, if a pulley cracks the wheels will lock up…

2 Likes

another option is to print it all in 1 part, but the material has to be tough. the kegel pins are not that big.

ah right, well it’s unlikely I’ll get the hubs millled, although it’s an option for that nascent kegel hub project, I forget who’s behind it, maybe surfnacho and luke

1 Like

a 60t pulley with a belt is like 100mm diameter btw

1 Like

:dizzy_face:

Too thicc for my liking. Thanks for mocking that up for me though dude :pray::+1:

1 Like

just doing this by eye

ok bit more than by eye now

Ok still by eye some

dimensionally accurate projections sounds really useful… AR vs VR lol

5 Likes

Looks good bro. Would be interested in this if it has bolt holes and dropout area. May get some custom backing plates cut and even just a top view of that area would be helpful for me. Churrr :call_me_hand:

1 Like