Boardnamics M1 Gear Drive + Other News

What is it that you’re modelling here? (are you reverse-engineering the geardrives or something?..my noob brain can’t work it out)

3 Likes

down to the .1mm range yeah. I have skipped the slew bearing and o ring for now, not hard to add.

@Boardnamics IS THAT SLEW BEARING USER-SERVICEABLE? oops caps

oh I imagine you could roast the thing to get it out…

1 Like

Im guessing just for fun, or do you plan in 3D printing some parts?

1 Like

I want to use the gearbox and also just some of the components for other purposes like the Electric freeboard projects. At least the pinion gear will be useful for sure.

1 Like

Ah cool, thnx for explaining! :+1:

1 Like

can I ask, how easy would it be to model BN style press-fit kegel pulleys at 60T (for 3D printing)? Would be awesome to be able to have some large pulleys for bergs that are using @mishrasubhransu printed berg Kegel hubs…unless @Boardnamics himself plans on releasing any (though I don’t see a reason for that happening)

1 Like

Just opened my box from Black Friday :eyes:
often I don’t read everything I should

I ordered this: https://boardnamics.com/product/dual-m1-drive-220mm-hangers-kit/

Do the hangers not come with axles?

But it’s soooo short! Dammit I don’t like it but now I want one…

1 Like

Is this an accurate representation of how much space remains between two 6374 motors mounted on the BN220 hanger?

I’m wondering because I’m designing a 3Dprinted spacer that will allow me to leave a little more length on my motor shafts while still being compatible with the gear drives.

2 Likes

I cant fit 2 SK8 6374s on the 220mm hanger… Think theyre just chonky af though

1 Like

Imagine gear drives with encoders

2 Likes

which tires are you thinking of using with the 3.75 hubs?

1 Like

Any 8" tires.

1 Like

these motors are 74mm exactly

model is really close

all important O-ring added.

4 Likes

I got them :grin: finally.
Yes I know my table it’s a fucking mess :frowning:

7 Likes

Guys what loctite should I use for the axles? And for the motor screws/screws inside-outside the gear drive?

1 Like

Mine and B264’s are JB weld’ed in forever I also used blue and or none and it was fine.

2 Likes

West System 650 epoxy or JB Weld 8265-S Original Steel epoxy

I don’t know what’s recommended but I usually use Loctite 290. But this may not be best

1 Like

3DS recommends Loctite 648 (aka green loctite).

3 Likes

Thanks guys!!