3D files / CAD request thread

Does anyone have the .step or .ipt for 72T pulleys? All I can find is .stl

1 Like

Does someone have a step file for caliber baseplates and/or hanges? I can only seem to find solidworks files. Or if somenone can convert a file from grabcad to step I would appreciate it.

Here’s a model I took from grabcad and imported in to fusion360. You should be able to download a step file of the whole thing or open in fusion to get the individual parts.

https://a360.co/32SBvwU

4 Likes

Thank you! I have much to learn

2 Likes

Noob question where do you download htd 5m pulley profiles? In this case I’m looking for 40t. (fusion if that matters)

Not sure if there is a toolbox for that on fusion but I used this method before I found the solidworks toolbox :expressionless:

5 Likes

I don’t think there is a toolbox for pulleys for fusion. I see they have one for spur gears

Found a 40t pulley from McMaster I might be able to work with

Yeah that’s what I do, funny enough is the only way for me to get the 72T profile to work in Inventor is the one that I made a long time ago…no idea how I got it though

Several sites have files for pulleys you can cut a profile from but McMaster Carr is definitely the place to start

1 Like

So…has anyone started making a 3d model of stormcore 60D/100D/100S yet?

The McMaster Carr pulleys are not dimensionally accurate. What other sites have cad profiles that you can download?

What do you mean they are not dimensionally accurate? The pitch diameter and the outer tooth diameter are not the the same value so keep that in mind

grabcad

I printed the pulley from McMaster and it’s not even close. The outside diameter is bigger. I downloaded another pulley they had also and it wasn’t the same diameter as the first one, when they’re both labeled htd 40t

The one from grabcad is not accurate either. The belt doesn’t really line up

has anyone done a cleverly inset XT30 housing for use as a charge port on enclosures?

Hmm that’s odd, the drawings for the McMaster one looks right, you’re sure you have the right HTD5M pulley up?

Edit: I just pulled it up and the measurements are right based on the outside…the part comes in inches so maybe the scale size fucked everything up?

I can make one real quick, anything in particular?

maybe something round just larger than the height of the connector with a beveled lip on the outside. I can glue it in from the inside. Maybe something that plugs into the connector too to plug it up while riding.

So the disk sits inside the enclosure? How do you want it so be secured in?

it would mount the same way a barrel connector does but without the threads and nut. I can use adhesives on the inside of the enclosure.

This look good? 15mm by 5mm total size

XT30 Panel Mount.stl (393.2 KB)

1 Like

Here’s is how the pulleys look overlapped. Both labeled htd5m 40t.