3D files / CAD request thread

depends on how well the board follows a logical pattern, if the base model was made by hand, and eye probably not to successfully, if it was made constant profiles and paths you could do it easily.

I’m going to see if I can get the base (top) standing portion CNC’d… if it gets ridiculous I’ll hand form the press mold like old skool surfing boards were made…

1 Like

@kook and @Davewesh thanks, I think dimensions on several laminated wood pressed on the same mold wouldn’t be consistent from one board to the other, maybe it doesn’t need to be accurate like with metal. I don’t really know but I am curious about that, I really should start watching those tutorial on fusion :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

design a board shape in plan view… section it off longitudinally, go to a side or profile view, create a path of the board profile, develop a board cross-section at the points you want, then extrude a surface following your profile path… I think I had like 6 cross-sectional profiles for concave, and one profile path for board rocker.

easy peasy

2 Likes

How the learning going?

1 Like

Ill need some kook juice before I do that.

3 Likes

trade ya k00k juice for 8GDs

1 Like

It turns out it’s stupid to learning solidworks, fusion and blender at the same time so because I’m working on a wedding video right now, I’m focusing on Blender so I can do a sick intro :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Why Solidworks if you’re using Fusion? Legit Curious - when i was working for a machine shop the drafter mentioned that he hated Solidworks (they used it at this shop) and preferred Fusion. I’ve played around with solidworks but found fusion to be much easier to get the hang of coming from SketchUp.

That said, even today i still prefer Sketchup when working on quick ideas that are unlikely to go much farther than my tablesaw.

1 Like

I already prefer fusion because it’s a lot more intuitive, but my company paid for my solidworks license so Im obligated :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Tell your friend to be careful.

5 Likes

Anybody have some loop key mounts that they could sell? Would like to get my hands on 4. Looks to be a lot of good designs in the loop key mount thread. I’m not super picky as long as it’s been a proven good solution.

Holla at ya homeboy.

PM me an address, I’ll send you some.

2 Likes

I recall seeing this from you a few times - its definitely been a conversation I’ve had with him. Keep telling him if he likes the MBS Stuff he should upgrade to a Pro 95 or DWII. I unfortunately haven’t had a chance to get my DWII assembled yet (having been fixing his board off and on for months). Looking forward to feeling the stability difference between the ATS And the Matrix II.

The problem with this in his mind anyways is that just upgrading to the Matrix II would be cheaper than getting a Pro 97 but would also cost 1.5 times as much as the whole board sans the esk8 parts. So he’s being a cheep skate (hehe). Doesnt help he’s been furloughed twice since COVID.

1 Like

Hey you did your part in mentioning it to him. Hope it was just a fluke!

1 Like

I second @Venom121212 those trucks are shit. They bent for me with normal use in less then a week. (190lbs so I might be a little heavy). But then one pothole and the back truck catastrophically failed making my machined mounts useless.

5 Likes

I’m only 150 lbs so you’re just fine babe

2 Likes

Thanks for the Image :smiley: Something else to show my buddy. Maybe He’ll decide to upgrade to the MII’s and just pick up some already designed mounts.

The ones that we’re using are 3d printed so the process of designing is more of a “for practice” anyways so I’m not concerned with the investment of time. In testing I’ve probably put about 50miles on the ATS Trucks between Grass, sidewalk and pavement riding, been pretty cautious about hitting any large bumps/gaps that I can avoid which is probably why I haven’t seen any issues.

Edit: When we were testing the config, I was around 225 and he’s closer to 215.

Edit Edit:

Shit is one thing but Unsafe is another :smiley: They are Shitty trucks to be fair, they start wobbling around 15 mph, and give me the “oh fucks” at 20. seeing the carnage/failures these have (which appear to be the same for both you and @Venom121212 make me glad I didn’t cheap out on my personal board).

2 Likes

Hahaha well if you ever need help hmu

1 Like

Does anyone have the Bergmeister rim file? Just making one off pulleys in 72T so I can harass someone to print it for me (now 53% more than the most popular alternative :yum:)
@haggyboard.timo @haggyboard.jeff

2 Likes

Still nothing? :cry:

1 Like