3D files / CAD request thread

Not recently, but yeah, those guys gave me new incentive to finally try this out. I’m currently doing somewhat of a similar process to make forged CF/GF enclosures, so it’s not that big of a step up to rims. The only problem I see so far is the complex shape of the spokes being an absolut nightmare to demold, so I’m torn between a reusable mold and one-off molds.

I’m also considering designing my own hubs, as that way I can work in features that make molding and demolding easier.

2 Likes

I saw that video and ordered some chopped tow to play with too. I’d been waiting for the “results” video where they compare the strengths and found a link to it on their site: Comparing the Mechanical Properties of Forged Carbon Fibre - Easy Composites

Seems very promising

4 Likes

Shock pads for original Hearo Bro
SS-hmm.stl (278.5 KB)

4 Likes

Anyone have a Hearo Bro 96 model?

1 Like
5 Likes

Anyone have a model of a Loaded Icarus deck?

Edit: it’s here random CAD Dump update 4/7/21

1 Like

Hi. I was realy not clear to which tread shoud I shate it. So I hope it is ok. I designed it for better comfort in battery build.

3 Likes

Does anyone have cad file for the switch blade deck, I want to make a deck and have access to a cnc machine.

1 Like

Do these fit MBS, Kaly, Lacroix and Tranpa?

1 Like

They are patterned for the plastic baseplate of mbs matrix 2 trucks, 42 x 62 mm (old school to be specific) bolt pattern

2 Likes

OK, looking for 5 and 10 degree wedge and de-wedge risers for a Kaly pattern.

Is kaly old or new school pattern? I’d be happy to adjust the design to get it worked out.

If they’re the same as twampa, I believe these are the measurements

2 Likes

Does anyone else acount for the deck height change when wedging dewedging? I tend to see wedges that are mirrored front and back which raise the back of a mountain board.

3 Likes

I have current trampa risers. In any config you want. Will post some when back at my computer.

2 Likes

Yeah definitely. I try at least. Its hard to guess how much a certain angle will affect the ride height without just doing it and measuring tho.

1 Like

I will check when I get home but I think the 4 holes are 8mm clearance and 2 are 41mm apart and 2 are 69.5mm apart

1 Like

I have a fusion project that solves the math equation for you. I need front and back starting angle (usually they are both the same and around 30°), wedge and dewedge angles, truck Axel geometry (I have this for trampa infinity, and matrix 2).

I can make matrix 2 or trampa offset angle risers in any config in about 2 minutes.

3 Likes

Looks like those numbers are good except for the diameter Kaly is using

2 Likes

Yep, got to keep the thinner edge as thin as possible while maintaining angle to minimize added height.

4 Likes

I print them with a 1mm thin side.
This is a parameter, so I can do whatever you want

2 Likes