31" Tayto V2 + Enclosure Announcement and GIVEAWAY!

The Tayto V2 is here! Whats new? We made it super simple to mount our new enclosure! There will also be a handle attachment released in a few months that will be super easy to install with the added mounting holes… To the details!

PRE-ORDERS START 4PM EST, MONDAY JULY 8TH

The 31" Tayto deck is back again! This short deck is a great commuter board, and the new 2" kicktail makes it easier to take tight turns! The concave locks your feet to the board and keeps you stable at speed.

Deck:

• Length (in): 31
  • Width (in): 9.5
  • Wheelbase (in): 21.25
  • Wheels: fits 90mm wheels without risers
  • Plys: 7
  • Construction: Maple
  • Flex Level: Stiff
  • Griptape: None
  • Color: Red top, Gloss black bottom

Enclosure:

The enclosure is made from 4mm thick ABS in gloss black. It is specifically made for the Tayto deck and molds over the sides. The deck is pre-drilled, so mounting up the enclosure has never been easier. Use the included hardware, and you can easily pop on and off the enclosure. Some people may have reservations about ABS enclosures… If it cracks from stress, we will send you a new one.

Internal Dimensions: 380 x 250 x 24 mm

You can fit a 12s3p Single stack with dual ESC’s and a small BMS located at the front of the enclosure.

Foam Pad:

We laser cut a foam pad to increase weather resistance and reduce vibrations. This enclosure is NOT waterproof with the rear cable shroud.

Includes:

• 31" Tayto Deck
  • Enclosure
  • Foam Pad
  • Enclosure Mounting Hardware

Delivery in 4-6 weeks from 7/8/2019 but we will do our best to get them to you sooner

*Carry handle coming soon

GIVEAWAY:

There will be an Instagram giveaway for a deck and enclosure very soon. I still need to work out the details on the best way to go about that.

For the forum, I will be giving away a $40 store credit to the person who receives the most likes on a picture of their Tayto build (posted in this topic). Only post a picture, no words allowed in your entry post. A $10 store credit will be given to a random person who likes another entry (no previous entry required).

Giveaways will end on Monday at 4pm EST when the Tayto and Enclosure are opened up for pre orders! Any questions or comments, please leave them below!

19 Likes

25 Likes

That looks awesome!

1 Like

Do I get bonus point for it surving a swim in a river?

4 Likes

You’ll get bonus points if you can show it driving out of a river

3 Likes

2k5Wx3xCMT-10

29 Likes

Instagram giveaway now live! Your more than welcome to enter both!

4 Likes

This looks like a great setup for my Elofty drives and unity - hmmm :grin:

That does sound like a pretty sweet build… :+1::+1:

2 Likes

@yelnats8j looks like you don’t have any competition :laughing:

2 Likes

@BuildKitBoards
What are the differences from the V1?
Apart from the enclosure and truck holes?

1 Like

Not the best builder here. Just losting for shits and gigs!

I ended up sanding, staining and adding glass frit to make it a bit classier lil spud

9 Likes

From what I understood, is enclosure, mounting holes for enclosure and optional handle

2 Likes

So the deck is essentially the same?

1 Like

Yes, deck is the same shape. The mounting holes and new enclosure make it super simple to mount everything. They also enable the use of a handle without any modifications in the future

2 Likes

Ive got a friend thats most likely gonna build off of it for his first board.

The question is should he wait for the KITs

2 Likes

Hmm… the kits will be badass

If it’s his first I would wait for the kits

3 Likes

Ok… Any clue when they will be available?

I love my Tayto build. It’s an amazing shortboard.

Do spud builds count?