3-Link Deck Recommendations

As I slowly plan and save for a 3link build Im looking for deck recommendations that will fit the 3links with or without modification. Bonus points for photos included.

My ideal deck will hold a large pack, somewhere around a 12S8P-10P of 21700 cells.

Decks Im currently considering.

Odashi by @tomiboi

Llama by Phsycotiller, using the newly pressed versions by @TheRef

Red Ember 44 - Unobtainium status it seems

7 Likes

What about the Jotnar? Isn’t that the new massive RE deck?

7 Likes

One of these two decks just shipped out to a 3-linker. I’m excited to see how the build goes. I might do an Odashi/SRB build myself.

7 Likes

So you will want a deck that gets the standing platform as low as the truck axle. You can adjust the ride height of the trucks, but to go really low (the lower the better better) it will have the bolt go above the baseplate and into the board. I had to drill a one inch hole into my landyatchz evo to achieve this and I think Red ember comes with a hole.
Wheel bite/foot bite will also become an issues since these trucks turn so much. Alex moav @findoutcustoms makes a baseplate extender that also allows for that bolt to go into.

I’ll post some more pics when I get home if you want. It’s a little confusing to explain over text.

10 Likes

Ive seen how the hole goes through to allow the bolt to pass through. Awesome to see that evo. How have you liked that setup? If you built again would you go with the same deck?

1 Like

The Jotnar looks epic. Great to see its optimized for 3link. I wish there was a simple web store to be able to see pricing and availability. I know they’re kind of one offs but when planning a build it makes it a little tricky is all. Ill shoot them a message to get an idea about them.

2 Likes

Cant wait to see fitment with one. It’s pretty high on my list at the moment.

1 Like

This notion is not right. The math doesn’t add up. 50mm DS + 12-16mm deck+gasket = nearly 70mm.
Take a 150mm wheel has 80mm from the top of the axel to ground, thst means as soon as you lean a hair your enclosure is scraping.
No sure why you keep saying the deck need to be axel height.
And this pic here proves it. Your deck looks to be 50mm above the axel.

Not here to combat, but just clarify any confusion for OP.

Edit: Lower decks do feel better, but axel height is a bit absurd an unattainable in most situations.
There is also a change in leverage once you get that low that is not necessarily a feel everyone will want

1 Like

Yes, but that is only because I come from downhill and I like it being narrow and short with concave. If I was to recommend another board it would be the Lacroix prototipo/barrell.
If you can contact Red Ember david bonde deck that would be ideal.

1 Like

that is 1year old, I have gotten it lower since then. But I can share picks later, 18Spro and I have noticed that lower to the axle makes a big difference.
This is why the Stooge V5 has the trucks built into the frame.

2 Likes

Moes is tuned for the track, same with morgan and you. Should clarify that you’re suggesting folks to fully tune to track and it will be unridable in the city.
Also look forward to seeing your evo at axel height pics.

Happy to be proven wrong to see any deck other than srb have deck=axel height

2 Likes

Do you own 3 links ?
Me and Morgan use ours as daily riders, and I can clear a speed bump soo yeah…
I’m just letting him know this because the 3 links are only worth it when set up right imo, and why would u get 3 links just for commuting?

4 Likes

Yes

Riding the city doesn’t need to = commuting.

IMO is the key word(s) here. Its your matter of fact style opinions that rubs me wrong. I get that your past in downhill make you feel strongly about your opinions, but the fact is that many people have different preferences in ride feel, and thankfully 3links are quite versatile in their ability to set up many different ways.
Im happy you found you like your setup, but giving opinions as fact gets old. Different wording would make a big difference when you tell folks how to set up their rig.

7 Likes

:roll_eyes:
Just trying to help ppl buddy, only been esk8ing for a year but I have learned a lot about the 3links in that year.

1 Like

:roll_eyes:
Your first post in this forum was to tell someone who was selling a 3link board that it was set up all wrong.
Sorry you got called out on your "matter of fact"isms

4 Likes

To be fair (spoken in a light high born British accent)
@PedroMcJimenez isn’t complaining. I think he’s trying to make distinctions here. He did bring up a pretty solid point or two. Nobody’s saying you don’t know what you’re talking about. Seems like he’s simply trying to point out your findings aren’t the only option. As we now know he owns the 3-links as well, assuming his board height is higher than the axles, it’s proving that fact.
I think if we use the IMO before making statements, it’ll go a long way to give those researching the threads for information a better understanding of options.

10 Likes

How dare you try to squash the beef :cut_of_meat: between @PedroMcJimenez and @Zachsnotboard discussion

Please continue :popcorn:

16 Likes

I’m a hostage negotiator by day….

10 Likes

Naw dude, let’s not go there. No matter the issue, we try to keep this a slightly friendly corner of the Internet.

If you’ve got nothing to add, ignore it :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

Perfectly adult response to being called out that your opinions are not fact.

Your first post on this forum in someone’s sales thread.

My response:

Was trying to be plenty nice despite your total lack of tact in your inaugural post. Resorting to name calling in a discussion has shown your ego is too fragile to take a little criticism.
:v:
Im out

16 Likes