3-Link Deck Recommendations

Okay but you really should consider lowering your ride height lol

1 Like

Iā€™m considering using the find out customs extension brackets on my flux to run 3links but Iā€™m still not positive Iā€™d be able to run 8ā€ tires.

Anyone seen a flux with 3links and 8ā€?

1 Like

We are currently working on new designs and are always open to considerations.

1 Like

Anyway drama queens, the original poster was looking for deck recommendationsā€¦

Weā€™re getting closer to being ready with this one, will be great for 3 links, max battery capacity is only 80 x 21700 cells, but its single stack :sunglasses:

10 Likes

Iā€™ve read you might be repressing some llamas and kymeras. Iā€™ve been wondering if a llama might fit the bill here also. Iā€™ve seen a kymera with 3link but not a llama.

Any idea when those are hitting the market and possible price?

Really really nice looking. Maybe an extension could be fabricated or even just a new enclosure. Iā€™ll be keeping an eye on this one too.

A doublestack enclosure on this would have massive battery capacity, but youā€™d prob need to run 8 inch wheels or fat stacks oā€™ riser

1 Like

Iā€™m cool with 8s. Itā€™s actually my preferred tire size for long range rides. Once I got my flux I was sold on that tire size. Always thought it would be too big but it provides so much comfort on 40+ Mike rides I love em.

I am really loving the new BKB tires though also. Best 6s Iā€™ve been on personally.

4 Likes

Iā€™ll see how i go with double stack, itā€™s not a huge push to make it happen. But SS is my focus for the time being!

Those bkb 6s look sweeeeet, good to hear they are performing well too!

2 Likes

I hear ya. Iā€™ve also thought about going with a removable top mount external pack for longer rides. I think if done right it could be pretty nice.

1 Like

We wonā€™t be repressing anythingā€¦ fresh new llama and khymera decks will be available though.

2 Likes

I recommend this deck headā€¦

1 Like

Nice! I just got my 3links. Now just waiting on the FindOutCustoms extension to arrive. If the extender works Iā€™m going to build a second flux I think. May need a deck shave etc but weā€™ll see. Already have a second brand new flux deck/enclosure I bought just in case they become unobtanium. If it doesnā€™t fit then Iā€™m going to pick between a few different decks. Biggest goal is being able to run 8ā€ tires.

1 Like

I think shaving any flux is probably sac relig at this pointā€¦ will likely trade for the flux deck if you are willing.

3 Likes

Ill keep it in mind for sure. Extenders just shipped so Ill see how that goes first.

2 Likes

If you need an battery for this dope build I can abide on a discount for the transaction. :call_me_hand:t2:

2 Likes

I will eventually yes, still contemplating 12 vs 16 or 18S etc. Just taking it step by step on this build a little slowly. Got the 3links, that was a big step. Now for a little testing to see how theyā€™ll fit with the flux deck using the extenders. I absolutely love my flux but want to make sure it ends up being the right choice for the trucks before going down the road too far. Figure this is how Im going to approach it

Trucks - 3 links
Tires - 8ā€
Deck - still deciding
Hubs - Depends on which deck, possibly will go trampa for their offset to give me more clearance
Motors - likely the new BKB 6384 as I just received a set recently
Voltage and battery size - depends on deck a bit here
ESC - depends on voltage. More than likely 60/100D but am waiting to hear a friends thoughts on their ubox at 18S. Mixed feelings.

So lots of unknowns but thats part of the fun of the research

2 Likes

I was always taught to go big or go home. :man_shrugging:

My moms a dick that way.

1 Like

Haha true, and I plan to, but as we all know its a balance. Otherwise Ill just be standing on the roof of a Tesla with a fat monthly payment on my ā€œskateboardā€ :slight_smile:

2 Likes