3-Link Deck Recommendations

Screenshot_20230207_125130_Facebook

http://manitouboards.com/

5 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CpXHtljK-WC

11 Likes

nice setup! got a link for the build details? I’ve got a prototipo I’d like to try 3 links on, did you need to modify they trucks at all?

2 Likes

@tomiboi is this going to be an offering? Cause that’s sick.

3 Likes

Thanks man! Coming later this summer :sunglasses: I just need to figure the bracket situation out and then give it a good thrashing.

4 Likes

I am on an evo, that is morgan brady. But all you need are truck extenders, M boards makes them now 3-Link Truck Extensions — MBoards

2 Likes

It’s been mentioned before but @glyphiks Semendeed is an exceptional combo with 3-links. He has one left for sale too! It might be the last one for quite some time.

3 Likes

Will fit the 3-links in the inner or outer axle positions without any need for stupid extension plates!

2 Likes

Im unsure what you’re calling stupid

1 Like

I believe that person may have lost his/her/their will to live.

2 Likes

For real though, caution should be exercised extending wheelbase like that. Not all boards are built to take the extra stress that they present.

If I sold those I’d have a disclaimer on the web listing.

Here’s another example of shit implementation. I worry less about the extra leverage from wheelbase extending, than I do using a deck thats designed for dropthrough while only having 4 bolt heads displacing the forces at play.
PIC from listing :see_no_evil:

4 Likes

I don’t like how the heads of the truck mounting screws are right on the carbon fiber deck.

Do you guys think it is better to use a 3-link specific deck due to the added stress?

There should be an antisink or plate there to spread the load.

It makes builds much easier, but isnt necessary at all. The added stress is only when extentions are needed. Which is fine on many decks but not all of them. Strengthening efforts can be made though.

1 Like

Looks like mboards is also selling a plate that can drop into the hole that I’m guessing will help distribute the weight shown here.

Agreed though, there are concerns when extending the wheelbase. I’ve had no problems luckily with my tomiboi odashi running extenders front and back but I’m not a super heavy rider either. I also asked for the deck to be very stiff so I’m sure the extra layer of carbon is helping rigidity.

6 Likes

Dadbod deck and enclosure works really well with NKP trucks, no modding necessary

9 Likes

Also to note, the odashi may be able to run the 3links without extenders when using 150mm wheels.

I originally planned on running 7 or 8” tires but ended up on 150mm as I wanted more grip than pneumatics were providing and a easier setup when using the SRB gear drives for tire changes.

I just haven’t removed any of the extenders since it’s all working and I like that there is zero chance of toe bite.

Soon I’ll be moving my venom build back over to pneumatics as a belt drive for regular riding and snagging a SRB V5 for track riding. So the extenders will stay for 7 or 8” tire fitment.

3 Likes

I ran 3 Links on Odashi with 7 inches no problem. But then again I also used a slightly harder duro bushing.

4 Likes

@MoeStooge Can I buy one of these?

1 Like

Canada

Eric Fournier on FB
http://manitouboards.com/

Thanks, planning to buy one of his decks, good guy, great communication.

Mike