£260 - ALL TERRAIN MOON DRIVES

Hey Moon, do you (or anybody else) have the thread pitch for the 12mm Luna axles? Bought some flashy m12 flanged nuts but they don’t wanna play nice, I’d hate f up the threads. Don’t know much about thread pitch but the nuts I bought are 1.75 I believe.

1 Like

I like to do this here.

1 is the answer your looking for.

1 Like

Noice, thanks man!

2 Likes

Probs 7/16 UNF

1 Like

Its 7/16 UNF pitch is listed on the table

If you have fucked up the axle threads good luck trying to save it. Its easier to replace the axles

4 Likes

Thanks alot @BigBen and @moon!

Never forced the nuts on so the threads are fine. Most nice nuts I could find are either 1.75, 1.5 or 1.25 pitch, guess I’ll stick to standard nuts for now

2 Likes

Radium sells nice nuts

1 Like

The axles have an imperial thread size, so metric nuts won’t work.

3 Likes

Anyone have the fillet measurement of the 22x22mm profile of the Lunas? Is it 5mm? @moon

its 6mm

2 Likes

@moon - confused by your website. You have steel spur gears, but they aren’t for sale?

Screen Shot 2022-12-31 at 10.58.08 PM

You need to do some special favors for the privilege :kissing_heart:

1 Like

lol, also not listed - super secret 6.6 ratio?

Out of curiosity, if I wanted to convert the axle stubs in my Luna 360’s from 12mm to 5/8 inch for go-kart hubs, are they press-in or threaded? Are you willing to share what thread pitch if threaded? Is there loctite?

i believe they are threaded. but machining new hubs/ bearing adapters would be easier

2 Likes

I have spare 4340 stock for axle stubs, I don’t have 2.5-3" aluminum stock for new hubs.

1 Like

go kart hubs use 35mm bearings. machine bushes to adapt 28mm bearing to 35mm or machine an axle sleeve.
axles aren’t really meant to be removed

The threads in the hanger are m10. Not difficult to remove with lots of heat

2 Likes

@moon February last year I bought a pair of moon drives. For various reasons I haven’t gotten around to installing them till today. However I hit a snag quite soon as I realized the bolts used to attach the casing too the clamps, the bolts holding the lid to the casing and the bolts for the motors (idk if these are part of the package) are not included in the box. It would be much appreciated if you could send me these bolt’s and also give me the specifications to them so I can buy them in the meantime if needed or in case you won’t send them for such an old order. My order number is 1412. help would be much appreciated.

1 Like

Motor bolts are M4 x 10mm
If you have the newer version drives then the case <-> lid bolts are identical, also M4x 10mm. If you have older drives then they’re M2.5 x 6mm.

Thanks for reminding me that I have to buy some spares myself, since the black oxide ones rust like crazy…

2 Likes