£260 - ALL TERRAIN MOON DRIVES

Even just knowing why the spacing was chosen and what sensor he was targetting would be a good start.

Is there a way to find out? Looks like the Lunas have some mounting holes. I live in the US though so I don’t want to pay shipping for a bullbar that won’t work.

1 Like

I ordered a set of AS5047P eval boards and worst-case I’ll machine mounting points into the CF cover. The main problem with using axle-mounted encoders is the rotation axis shifts with pinion gear diameter (due to engagement point with wheel gear) so that’ll be a tad problematic. Would love to see a good solution for this down the road, but for now I’ll see what I can come up with. I guess worst-case scenario @moon could have various CF covers with optimal mesh points cut for sensor mounting then pair the cover with the pinion gears as one option

I have both and can confirm they are NOT compatible. bullbar x luna

1 Like

Scratch that; turns out silent HFI may just plain work on my new ESC, so I’ll be testing that today before I go to the effort of designing encoder mounts.

1 Like

Thank you. That’s unfortunate

1 Like

VSS works good enough that I don’t really need to worry about other modes; I may look at the encoder mounts eventually, but it’ll be a bit before I can.

Anyone know how to position the helical gear on the motor shaft if i have the bottom 9mm from the bottom the top of the gear is 25mm on the shaft. Dont see an install guide for helical on the moon website.

If the luna hangers could be made to fit BN at drives with caliber style profile, i would get a set. :smiley:
And, if it came in green. :green_heart: :alien:

Why caliber specific profile, you can use the apex air adapters to fit BN AT onto the Luna hangers…

2 Likes

Oh really? Nice. How does that work and look like? The profile inside the BN at adapter is for caliber style hanger.

1 Like

Well Kevin sells apex air adapters which is what you’d have to buy. The apex air adapters have the same profile as the Luna hangers. Can’t help with the green part…

1 Like

The though was to not change the drive adapter. Just plug and play with a caliber profile hanger.

3 Likes

took my drives apart earlier to remove my old truck adapters… switching to Luna 350s

process is very easy, plus a regrease can’t hurt

Green is possible but not the caliber profile :slight_smile:

Luna 350 hangars came in – they’re beautiful. Besides the pre-existing scratches :pleading_face:

2 Likes

1 Like

I saw that back during batch 6 the idea of NKP 3link adapters was ditched. Is this still the case or is there an option to use moon with SRB 3links?

2 Likes

2 Likes

@moon I think I saw you tease a pic of some steel wheel gears a while back. Any update on those?

Straight cuts? :pray: :hugs:

2 Likes