£260 - ALL TERRAIN MOON DRIVES

Shouldn’t have issues running the rims with belt drive pulleys?

1 Like

Compatibility
The rims have a slotted hub bolt pattern that matches Trampa (71.5mm) and MBS (80.3mm) bolt circles. This allows you to install the wheels to Trampa and MBS drivetrains.

Those raw eros are absolutely stunning - stoked on these!

1 Like

If the pulleys are able to be installed from the front of the wheel it should work

1 Like

@moon looks like your dropobox link is dead,
just got my hand on a second hand set and would like to give a look at the docs before I find the time and open them up

Sorry I cleaned out my dropbox and forgot to update the links

2 Likes

Willing to sell. PM if interested.

Anyone who has Luna 350s able to verify the total axle to axle length?

Don’t know but I just picked up the hangers as well. Want that 4mm rake on the BN adjustable baseplates for a nice carvy RKP setup. Now I just gotta make it work.

1 Like

Usable axle length 54mm
Total axle length 67mm
Axle Diameter 12mm by default. 10mm axle option available

1 Like

Just got a pair of Reacher 6385 V5’s with 8mm shafts and I have some 8T helical pinions on the way. My plan is to eventually run 10" tires.

Two concerns with this:
1, the motor shafts are stepped down to 8mm. Since there’s no shaft-tip support bearing, could the motor shafts be pushed away due to gear mesh forces under high loads and therefore bend? Motor shaft appears to be hardened and high quality, but I’m wary due to the smaller diameter required for 8T pinions.
2, Has anyone tried this setup with 10" tires yet? Obviously a larger wheel diameter is going to put more load on the geartrain components. How close to the edge of the envelope am I running here? Any ideas?

Maybe @Venom121212 ?

The math to figure out how much of a safety factor you have would be fairly straightforward if you want to answer this quantitatively. I think it’s safe to say you don’t have anything to worry about through with regards to the shaft deforming plasticly.

1 Like

They bulged a bit over my fivestar hubs so I ditched them in fear of a blowout. Worked for a few rides though.

Ive run 10in tires on moondrives and lunas before. Required alot of spaces between the hun and the adapter plate to maoe clearance for the tires. Because they be huge. This was on batch 4 moondrives tho. Not sure if itd be aj issue on his current batches

Are Luna 350s compatible with the Apex Air attachments? ie bullbar

I am not sure

@moon You mentioned incorporation of encoder mounting points into the case. Any details on that? What do people use and what was the original intention here? Would be very interested to play with that now that I have a blown sensor motor lying around

Also a request - Can you start incorporating a batch number marking somewhere inside the case? I have no idea what batch I originally ordered and keeping track as these rev would be useful. IE: something milled into the case or engraved.

2 Likes

it can be done, but i asked him awhile back and he said he hadn’t put much research into fully incorporating it.

would be useful, there are small differences between the different batches