£260 - ALL TERRAIN MOON DRIVES

I don’t agree with preorders.
Shit happens and not everyone is really understanding to the seller usually. 5 paypal chargebacks later and seller may see his funds locked in paypal after a year, cascading down from there. No funds = no more development, no bills paid, etc.

I do agree with a refundable deposit however (minus fees if paypal). Either a flat amount or percentage of drives cost and when drives become available you got the front seat for 48h to purchase. If you don’t buy, either lose deposit, lose percentage of deposit or full refund, idk, but that set gets put for sale for everyone else

Final note: these things are pretty damn reasonably priced for what they are. Of course they will sell like bread fresh out the oven

9 Likes

Anyone else ordered and waiting on drives for Mbs Matrix?

Is it that easy?! I want to get mine installed, but ultimately want quieter helicals. Think I might give it a go if they come off that easily - have ordered a puller, thanks. Does the residual loctite stop a replacement going on easily?

It depends on what kind and how much loctite you are using.
I can’t get my motor gears off with a pulley puller only. I always need a bit of heat as well to make the pinion to start moving.
That shouldn’t be an issue thou.
It’s also not difficult to clean the motor shaft from remaining old loctite.
Definitely nothing that will trouble you getting on a new pinion.

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong, you have to turn that sucker hard by hand but the second the loctite breaks, it pops right off. I use a paint deglosser/degreaser on the motor shaft because I always get grease on them when changing.

2 Likes

This is no longer true. Fixed position is for 10T MOD 2 straight cut pinions. Not 9T.

1 Like

To clarify, that’s 47/10 yeah? So 4.7 ratio, not 5.2

1 Like

yes

1 Like

Is the next batch the same revision as this one was? Are helical gears expected?

1 Like

Next batch will have minor changes and I should have more steelies and helicals for testing.

4 Likes

1: can confirm

2: now you tell me…

2 Likes

I must have changed my mind at some point and didn’t inform anyone :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Is that why yours are so loud @Athrx :rofl:

1 Like

Now it’s way tighter than what i would have trusted myself to adjust by hand. Curious if that changes the sound.

@approachinglogic they were fresh out of the box, i can say they quieted down after the first day (60km), but remain loud if i push the full 200 motor amps through them

In general I would say use your best judgement and send any videos/pics if you have any concerns.

1 Like

Update: they sound more… dunno… “secure” now, a bit muffled really. Not louder or quieter. The main difference is in freerolling. Before it would knock quite a bit but now, just hear it out:

Soo, lads, run your gears as tight as possible while still leaving a tiiiny bit of backlash

4 Likes

Yeah the freeroll on these are crazy compared to every belt setup I’ve had. This board will roll away from me on a slight decline.

2 Likes

I can’t strap in on the damn driveway lol, and it’s the slightest decline imaginable

3 Likes

No 8T’s still? :sob:

2 Likes

You already have the 8Ts right? I tried them on my setup and saw abnormal gear wear. Can’t recommend using them.

4 Likes