£260 - ALL TERRAIN MOON DRIVES

I keep forgetting about that. Its already designed and needs to be produced and tested. :rofl:

7 Likes

Just spotted the info section has been updated to state up to 26mm shafts :+1:

2 Likes

Just got the money to purchase the drives, checked the stock and cried.

1 Like

Quick note to people mounting their drives soon:
When putting the green loctite, put a very small amount on the shaft and key hole and the rest on the pinion.

I put only on the shaft and when i hammered it in, 90% of the green loctite poured down, contaminating the bearing.
I have no idea where to even begin cleaning that up. Thankfully it got only in a small patch, likely to ride it out

5 Likes

Agreed. And I’d only cover the first 3/4 or so of the pinion. It will still slide out the remaining 1/4 without going everywhere.

To anyone entering the gear world, I highly recommend making a $10 “gear puller” out of a wiper arm puller or battery terminal puller. They usually have a nub on the end that’s a bit too big for a motor shaft but you can grind down easily with a dremel.

I have yet to require a blowtorch with this bad boy.

Moon drives 4 lyfe

12 Likes

I’ll be using Lee’s assembly video as my guide (the one with the sillinesss at the start), guessing that’s what others are also doing?

3 Likes

I just used the pdf instructions for my first time installing these drives. It’s pretty straight forward though.

1 Like

Yeah PDF guide or youtube. Or just PM me and I’ll get back to you quickly.

Have you checked if ETOXX hubs work with your gear drives?

The new adaptors should fit onto the etoxx hubs but I haven’t tested it myself

Can I use the new adapters with batch 4?

Yes

Sweet thanks man.

Missed my opportunity too :frowning: went on the website day of, added to cart, slept on it and gone… Looking forward to getting some helicals from the next batch for my build :slight_smile:

1 Like

@moon would you consider doing pre-orders? So you don’t have to guess how much stock to order.

2 Likes

I have to agree, it does seem a bit silly that this is like the 5th time the drives have sold out soon after becoming available again :laughing:

4 Likes

One of the reasons is probably because he has to invest out of pocket to order these batches, this is not cheap of course. The larger the batch the higher the investment needed.

3 Likes

All the more reason to offer pre-sales. I think preselling subsequent batches of proven designed and delivered products is no bad thing. If it’s something that has yet to ever materialise, then a zero-presale policy is better for everyone.

4 Likes

With current material shortages and delivery issues I personally wouldn’t do any preorders.
As soon as people paid for something, you need to hold up to your deadlines if no, you will fuck up your reputation.
And it can be even not your fault that something is delayed.
Plus that extra troubles with people asking their money back etc.
Just not worth it as vendor in my opinion.

16 Likes

I think I would prefer a deposit method. Where you put a deposit down and wait for final payment until they are ready to ship. I don’t like selling out and then receiving a bunch of messages saying when is the restock.

13 Likes