£260 - ALL TERRAIN MOON DRIVES

Look for 16100-2RS bearings.

2 Likes

where do uk people buy grease from? can someone link me?

1 Like

Amazon, local hardware shop, asda, big tesco, b&q, wilko, any car shop.
Just a tip though, get the big cartridges, they’re like £5-6 while a 50g tin can is the same price. A cartridge lasts me maybe 2 complete runs on greasing a machine but on geardrives even if i bath them in it every time it still lasts a few good years

1 Like

k dunno which are good though
could you link one on amazon

1 Like

Also the big cartridges are very likely to be from reputable brands and actually good quality. Small tin shit leaks oil from the compound every time. I left one on top of my filament rolls and it went everywhere

1 Like

Got this off amazon. Tacky grease for home

And this is from work. Nasty stuff to remove

2 Likes

nice and to apply i just pour a ton in?

Scoop some in the teeth with anything disposable, like a q-tip or an icecream stick. If you’re using them on the 3ds drives just put a small amount since they’re plastic after all

2 Likes

ah ok nice
is there anyway of doing it without opening the drives up?

1 Like

Don’t have the drives but i very much doubt. Only seen a grease hole on moon drives so far

1 Like

ah nice thanks a lot
prob gonna end up needing to open them eitherway

Anyone mounted those drives on a flux deck and mbs matrix 2 trucks? Mind sharing pics, please.

3 Likes

LHB I think. A few others also.

2 Likes

I searched the build category and can’t find anything. Seems like using regular mounting holes, the drives would touch the deck at full lean.

Check LHB’s Instagram

1 Like

This?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CK5Ej-MB4aE/?igshid=nguidf9umb74

1 Like

Yeah thanks, I will take some pics of how it looks on mine. I flipped the baseplate so now it is all the way to the edge of the deck while on the other position it is just above the regular mounting holes and looks like they will touch.

This how they are now, I could leave it like this… maybe?

I’ve got pics in my build thread. Watchu need?

7 Likes

Oh I missed that you posted pics of your gear drive already. Thanks

3 Likes

Instead of slaughtering the bn270 hangers and putting a shoulder bolt that might be just too long to handle rough treatment, I’m thinking about waiting for the Luna 350 ones.

Do these things carve well like a RKP or they compare more to a channel truck? Also, how much of a wait would it be?..