£260 - ALL TERRAIN MOON DRIVES

How much empty space have you got left between the motors?

They carve great, they feel like an RKP truck for sure. I will be listing them on my website end of the month/early april

2 Likes

Perfect then.
Only issue is that it seems they are meant for angled decks. Do you recommend something like using angled risers to workaround the lacking of angle in the deck?

1 Like

You might be able to get away with a standard or adjustable caliber(style) baseplate

3 Likes

Oh, I still have the BN adjustable baseplates, are they compatible?

1 Like

yes

2 Likes

:point_up_2: :raised_hands: :clap:

1 Like

What about the bowery surf ones?

1 Like

Not sure

@Skyart what are you using?

2 Likes

Using the hammoc adjustables. I have some 3ds adjustables I could test fitment with too

5 Likes

I’ve got 68.4mm betwixt the cans.

2 Likes

Can edge or can maximum length (the shaft)?
Sounds like it would almost fit some 56123 inrunners in there…

1 Like

I measured this gap:

Keep in mind, anything bigger than dual 6374s will require changing the motor angle so that they are sitting parallel with the ground.

I actually think that 6374s are the sweet spot because they are able to sit at the same height as the hangers.

4 Likes

Oh no
I want my motors as high up as they can go. Sick of hitting the cans coming off sidewalks -.-
Thanks for the pictures and the advice! It really helps

Sneaky quick edit:
Last question, are those 8 inch wheels? I think 9 inch wheels would cover the entire drive length…

3 Likes

Yep, running 200x50 Kenda tires. I personally like this tire size, because it allows me to run the 4.88:1 ratio with the 9t pinion in the fixed backlash position. Makes assembly a breeze.

3 Likes

@moon any updates on batch 5 ETA? Looking forward to the etoxx hub and potential srb3link compatibility.

6 Likes

Ive had issues with my 3d printer for the past couple weeks and I havent been able to design adaptors etc. It has slowed me down but the batch 5 drives should be done early April

3 Likes

Gotta go freeze myself real quick :pleading_face::cold_face:

2 Likes

So the drives will be done, but not the new adaptors? Am I understanding you right?

My heart really wants those hypertruck moon drives, but my wallet says that I am poor :joy:

5 Likes

New adaptors will be very slightly delayed. They might be done at the same time, we’ll find out

6 Likes