£260 - ALL TERRAIN MOON DRIVES

You are welcome to test the helicals. I think the new batch of spurs will sound similar to older batches.

2 Likes

reworded. sorry for confusion

1 Like

There we go. Figured out an easy solution. Thanks Coastal Farm & Ranch!

6 Likes

Oo, smart!

1 Like

@moon what are the odds this will get a grease nipple in the future?
s-l400-1
That way i can grease my board at the same time i grease my grown up toys at work

6 Likes

You can add it yourself

2 Likes

Am I doing something wrong here or there is not enough space for the hub?
I’m using the BN 270 hangers with MBS rockstars.

1 Like

What axles are you using?

1 Like

I’m using the ones provided by Kevin, the standard ones I suppose.

I think he has 10mm axles that have no step and are long enough for MBS Rockstars. I think if you wanted those axles to work you would need Superstars and their 608 adaptors

2 Likes

@Boardnamics, isn’t the standard 270 hanger compatible with the rockstars?

1 Like

Its not the hanger, its the axle length and geardrive design

1 Like

The axle comes with the hanger, I’m asking about the whole standard kit, just to be clear.
But yeah, it might work with a belt drive…

1 Like

Take those off and use shoulder bolts. They’re a massive headache to get around the stepped part correctly. 80mm is the same equivalent length, but 70mm would be more appropriate. Change all bearings to 10mm id and you’re golden

1 Like

So the head of the shoulder screw would be sticking out and the threaded section would have 70mm length, which is optimal for these hangers?
IIUC, the non threaded part would have 10mm diameter? If there were ones with 12 mm would be even better as it would match with the 12mm bearings I already have.

1 Like

No, you’re probably referring to the length here :blush:

1 Like

Like this

(These are 8mm, both 80mm long)
The bn270 hanger has 10mm holes, for 10mm bolts. You can’t fit 12mm for obvious reasons. Fitting mtb parts to street parts will be awkward as always

2 Likes

The current standard 8mm axle stick out 60mm from the bn270 hanger and I need about 20mm more so 80mm is the right choice it seems.

The bn270 hanger has 10mm holes, for 10mm bolts.

Having the bn270 hanger 10mm holes, the shoulder bolts will have a M10 thread and the other part 12mm, is this correct?

That’s what I meant with the 12mm diameter, which is great because it works with the MBS bearings I have.

No you need m8 shoulder bolts, those have m8 thread and are 10 mm in diameter to match the hole in the hanger.

4 Likes

Do you know if there are 10mm diameter x 28mm height bearings?
I can only find 12mmx28mm.

1 Like