£260 - ALL TERRAIN MOON DRIVES

So assume the 47 gears are not compatible with the previous versions

Ah okay, thought it maybe deformed due to the thin wall thickness or so, but those other factors could be a cause too.
I drew up a 8T gear for a geardrive im gonna make for my lightweight board, but the wall thickness is soo tiny. Plus 8T custom gears r way too expensive to get made :rofl:

2 Likes

What did you have to do to them? And I am curious on the kind of work holding you used and how you worked out your origin

1 Like

I have a very very early set of drives and so they were not designed with the 8T in mind. I couldn’t get the motor pinion close enough to the wheelspur.

Work holding was atrocious, result was meh but it works, you can see I just extended the motor bolt slots

2 Likes

As long as it works that’s good.

I sometimes wonder how to set up a job on a complex part like that and manage to accurately cut exactly where you want it to. Good job anyways.

2 Likes

The best way is to cut some of the features into the spoilboard. So, luckily I am friends with Moon and he shared the case CAD file with me so I could project the clamp holes and cut them into the spoilboard and then screw it down. It’s not easy and there are better ways but I was in a rush tbh!

3 Likes

:eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

Definitely have to wait for batch 5 now xD

3 Likes

The wall thickness seems passable actually, reduced key width

3 Likes

@moon can you show me in PM how you’re doing this? I was just talking about it with @DerelictRobot

2 Likes

I have mentioned the idea of it to Mr Robot and @Andy87

When I work on the design a little more I will share with you.

4 Likes

Thanks moon

2 Likes

With the new wheel gear is it still the 9T pinion gear that will use the fixed mount for no backlash adjustment needed?

yes fixed position will be 5.2/1

4 Likes

@b264 would prob love to test the steel gears
would love to get a set of helicals but cant test atm

1 Like

Dont think Brian has a board for this kind of drive. Which is a shame , he is missing out on that pneumatic life :joy:

7 Likes

Pneumatics>thanes.

I said what I said.

6 Likes

for esk8 it just makes practical sense.

4 Likes

Maybe he will change when he hears the words steel on steel with high torque ratios

2 Likes

Those sound great for group rides but terrible for commuting in a city. You’re missing out on all the fun I have EVERY SINGLE DAY :smirk:

5 Likes

I could easily ride everyday…

2 Likes