£260 - ALL TERRAIN MOON DRIVES

Any fun tease info?

No sorry :grin:

3 Likes

Are NKP 3-link clamps still in the picutre with batch 6?

No.

plan died

–moon [in some other part of the internet]

2 Likes

Thats gonna be interesting.

Batch 6 drives with POM straight cut wheel gear. 47/9T

Proto steel wheel gear with bearing and clamp

Batch 5-6 POM 47T wheel gear with bearing and clamp

6 Likes

Pro tip: You gotta freeze it

3 Likes

Batch 6 drives will be listed from Sunday 18th July 19:00 BST

3 Likes

Do you have any raw finished ones :sunglasses:

1 Like

Could you point me to the list of available gearing options for this batch? Or is the website up to date already?

1 Like

Everything highlighted in green

8mm and 10mm bores for helical 10T pinions
8mm only bores for steel/steel configs

1 Like

What’s the best proven ratio for 105kg person on Lunas metro 155 that likes to cruise I don’t want crazy torque and I also don’t want crazy speed but want to be able to start from a stop with no issues and cruise at
40-50km

2 Likes

That answer probably depends on a lot on your motor kv, your usual power consumption on your usual rides, and your battery config.

All the moon drives are proven in a sense, but there’s too many variables to provide a single answer. Plug your numbers in and play with the calc:
https://calc.3dservisas.eu/

I’d gear it for your target max speed and see what it gives you. From past experience, 40Nm max torque seems to be a super torquey setup, while 25Nm is all top end speed (roughly). If that helps

3 Likes

If you want a chill board to cruise with, then getting the lowest gear ratio will give you best free-roll. On Batch 5 that appears to be 47:14, which on 12s and 155mm metros means 170kv motors would give you a nice minimum speed of 48km/h.

On the other hand, for best braking power and acceleration, you’d want the highest gear ratio possible. So idk :laughing:

Edit: subtract 2km/h from those numbers if you go with 165kv and that ratio. Those are pretty big motors, so honestly you might already have enough torque for your needs :man_shrugging:

Edit 2: if I were you I’d pick up an extra set of pinions for a really high gear ratio in case you switch your setup / sell your drives off later down the line.

2 Likes

6 Likes

Bro, with as many builds as you have, I know you can plug some numbers into a calculator lmao

3 Likes

I don’t know if that’s a thing but, with all the gearing available for this drive or any other drives, is it possible that some ratios won’t be appropriate for certain motors kv? Like if would run hotter or something like that?

1 Like

For typical esk8 motor kvs and sizes, running faster and with proportionally less current is almost always more efficient for the motor, so the highest gear ratio would be best in that regard. Nacho’s motors are massive though, doubt that’s a concern for him.

3 Likes

I’m a feel and touch kind of guy I do look at ratios a lot and I just like others feed back

Ratio 3.0
These are @Janux-esk8 older generation and the free role sucks but everything else is awesome just trying to get as much info from here as possible

4 Likes

Best way is to pick your max top speed and then see what gearing you need to achieve it with the battery/motors/tyre size taken in consideration

4 Likes