£260 - ALL TERRAIN MOON DRIVES

My loctite is drying today but tomorrow will have a lot of assembly going on. Will likely need to print a spacer but that will take no time.

I can’t wait for the rest of you to get these… So much hype come true.

4 Likes

I didn’t have it at first but now I do, Thanks!!

You posted a test video and some pictures a few posts up and your deck and enclosure caught my eye - I’m pretty new to the hobby, so I’m sorry if its obvious, but what deck + enclosure is that?

2 Likes

Its hand built deck with custom artwork and my carbon enclosure. I have a build thread for it, which I haven’t updated…
While the build might look finished, I still have few things to do under enclosure.

2 Likes

I’m one or mayyybe two revisions away from being happy with the bumper. Although realistically the first version fit just fine and Im being a little OCD.

The bumper now splits closer to the motor side and near a bolt holes so folks who only run a back bumper won’t have a loose end.

Otherwise I’ve added equal amounts of tolerance to the interior to get things to line up a little better. It’s much better as you can see in the new pics, but I need a little bit more tolerance in two dimensions and a little less in another.

The next revision is printing now and should allow the back/front bumpers to meet flush as designed. They currently have a ~0.1mm gap.

7 Likes

Can you make a solid version of it all together? I mean I know you can pretty easily… Will you?

Tpu might be able to slip on and over it like a silicone cover

Oh I should have started with a compliment. Thank you for doing this man. I sincerely appreciate it.

8 Likes

6 Likes

A one piece version is a great idea and I agree it should slip on after looking at it in real life. I was concerned it wouldn’t but it looked a lot scarier in Autodesk lol. I’ve also since shortened the ridges in some key areas that should make it easier to slip on

Also have a good idea for the bolt holes. Once again stay tuned.

I also still need to post files for my spacer/gasket combo if anyone wants to print that.

2 Likes

If you make TPU sleeves for the gear drives, I would would like to name them “Moons pocket pussy”

12 Likes

I wonder if @moon would ever wear one!!

4 Likes

I respect your suggestions and submit “Moondoms” for obvious reasons.

11 Likes

Ngl @Jujo but this is just :ok_hand:

6 Likes

FINE. the better Justin :frowning:

6 Likes

Justin with Moon Drive > Justin w/o Moon Drive
Right?

6 Likes

Now we just need someone to make the logo and I’ll deboss it onto the bumper.

4 Likes

I won’t forget this. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Can we go ghetto and use a cut out 5” tubes or is the drive too small?

1 Like

Oooh guys, lets use gears…hmmm yeah but no sand etc can come in so lets make a cover for them that should be easy.

Oh shit that cover is friggin beautiful man! Lets make a cover for that one too so it stays nice and clean!

All seriousness though, nice cover cover, very well executed!

5 Likes

@moon could sell empty gearboxes replace those that get scratched.

2 Likes