🏆 2022 Build of the Year - Planning

Just go really slow. It comes off easy if you don’t try to rush it. Give it a slight pry and simply wait while it slowly unsticks itself. Or, try to rush it, and break the whole enclosure :laughing:

1 Like

So im writing up the BOTY 2022 Nominations thread right now. Last year we did two voting rounds, first round picks the category winners from all entries, second round picks BOTY winner from those category winners.

Thoughts on just doing one round of voting this year, and allowing all entries to compete in the BOTY race? That would give the possibility of there being 4 winners rather than 3, particularly if someone’s build is amazing but doesnt top any of the 3 categories.

2 Likes

Hi guys, completely new here :wink:, I just noticed this thread and was wondering if my build could be eligible for this BOTY contest ?
(it’s the HummerBoard, you may have seen on Facebook groups).

(Where can I please find the rules for this BOTY contest ?)
I don’t have any build thread on this forum, but I have one (in French :wink:) on another forum

Here are the specs:
Battery 12S (3x4s) Lipo 20Ah
2 hoverboard motherboards (reprogrammed)
4 all terrain hoverboard hub motors (8inches)
Power: 6KWatts in silence :wink:
Lights: front and rear
VMax: 50km/h
Range: 20km
DIY mudguards (PVC tube and metal frame).

Cheers

(Well I can’t add any pic here… :neutral_face:, maybe because I’m new…)

4 Likes

Here’s a pic of the HummerBoard:

2 Likes

You need to write a build thread about it before the end of the year,then someone else has to nominate your board for the contest :+1:

2 Likes

This wildcard rule change is unfortunately a year too late for the glorious crab racoon

2 Likes

I’ve created the build threat here:
HummerBoard build topic

3 Likes
3 Likes

Wait are we not doing the 4 winners with BOTY being it’s own cat?

NVM missed it.

Well, life has been busy, I finished my build well before summer but forgot to update my thread with pics etc… is it too late to post the pics and consider it a 2022 build? :thinking:

Yes haha the rules are that the thread has to be completed in 2022

1 Like

That’s a big L then :C
Even though plenty pics were shared on here haha.

Hmm so what makes a build thread complete is the real question. I would argue that even an open build thread being constantly updated should be considered “complete” once the maiden voyage post is made. Everything after that is just updates.

Tricky since some of us make threads during the build planning and some make them to announce a build.

Ducktator rules!

7 Likes

These are all very good points, to which my response is

archer-krieger-smoke-bomb

Jokes aside, @luastoned, if your build gets nominated then we’ll see :wink:

6 Likes

Does that mean I can sneak in some finished photos from summer? :*

I think a video clip or ride log of at least a mile could be a good benchmark for next year’s BOTY

4 Likes

Joke’s on you, i film all my videos by using motion capture on a dog and replace it with a board in post. None of my builds actually exist

2 Likes

Are we having a build of the year thread for 2023 @longhairedboy @jamie ?

Yes. I’m working on it, I’m just waiting for some people to respond before I post anything. I’ll probably start a discussion thread shortly.

1 Like