ZESC v6c vesc variant

I thought you were doing this.

1 Like

Looks super awesome! Great size and form factor with the benefits of the vesc6, will be interested to hear proposed pricing and what other kind of testing is planned.

1 Like

I just need a spare garage, send me one and Iā€™m all over this

3 Likes

What the price?

1 Like

Iā€™d test a couple

UART and I2C over CAN?
dude get your priorities ordered!!

Nice board dimensions tho.

3 Likes

What design does the anti-spark use? Is it the @Gamer43 variant using a resistor to take the load, or is it the old type with mosfets that break eventually? (I probably got the inner workings wrong, but you get the point)

6 Likes

Thatā€™s actually the proper way of cooling those fets.

The pcb is way more thermally conductive than the body of the fet

18 Likes

whats the price?
$150? $200? $250? more?

2 Likes

1 Like

This looks great. Itā€™s nice to see someone rethinking and improving designs rather than just copying whatā€™s already out there.

7 Likes

Hey man!! Welcome! Your product looks pretty awesome. I have a few questions about you and this esc.

First off, love to know more about youā€¦ are you a vendor or is this a diy thing?

The ZESC looks very well built, do you build electronics for a loving or is this a hobby?

What made you decide to make the zesc?

Do you ride yourself and has this thing seen any real miles?

I hope you donā€™t find this too intrusiveā€¦ @BillGordon is right, 2020 is the year of the esc so far

8 Likes

Actually, it was our RBF friend:

8 Likes

Iā€™d settle for the year of just one decent esc :grimacing:

11 Likes

They do look nicely designed, well done
What sort of guarantee do they come with?
Just out of interest how are the fets driven an what are they?

I donā€™t use a ā€œprecharge resistorā€ because those fail just as quickly as naked MOSFETs do.

I control the dV/dt slew rate to limit inrush current to manageable levels.

10 Likes

Maybe you used too small a value resistor?

1 Like

Anything short of chassis mount will fail due to the repeated overload conditions.

Solid metal element resistors such as the ones used as current shunts might survive long enough. But those donā€™t exist in high enough resistance values.

Not to mention switching those things in an out of the circuit is a pain in the ass and I didnā€™t want to add 20 extra BOM lines.

2 Likes

Have you tried a 470 ohm resistor?

That would take literally 10 seconds to charge up the capacitors on some ESCs. Customers would complain to high hell.

6 Likes